Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Tarantula Lobbyist
5,281 Posts
It seems like it would cost about that much just for the 9 tubes, right? I'm guessing this is a 5150 clone?

·
Registered
927 Posts
It seems like it would cost about that much just for the 9 tubes, right? I'm guessing this is a 5150 clone?
yea its a 5150 clone minus a resonance control and they have reverb built in. If you know what your doing though, you can easily add a resonance control though. Its just a matter of desoldering a resister and soldering a pot in that place.

·
Banned
3,696 Posts
that much money is a steal regardless. :yesway:

i'm sure you could probably sell it for close to that when the deal is over if you ever wanted to.

·
Super Moderator
8,320 Posts
I actually just put in an order for one of the newer infinium versions of this amp for $230 a few weeks ago. It is backordered but still, cant beat that price. People can knock me all they want but I actually really love my 333xl infinium.
Every clip I've heard of Bugera amps sounded fantastic. I think they sound great regardless of price (but they are amazingly good value when you do consider it).

·
Registered
927 Posts
Every clip I've heard of Bugera amps sounded fantastic. I think they sound great regardless of price (but they are amazingly good value when you do consider it).
Yea I guess I was (and still am) awaiting to get flamed for owning my "cheapo amp". I know the older ones had issues like the older 333xl had a plastic clip where an arc would jump and it would fry out but I have the newer version where they got rid of that, put more sturdy jacks and pots and put in the Infinium system that not only auto biases the tubes, but allows you to put in any 8 pin tube and even mix and match. Ive heard that people have had issues with that system but what amp manufacturer doesnt make a lemon here or there? I use mine every day and I have zero issues.

·
Banned
3,696 Posts
i think the main cause for flame wars with the Bugera stuff isn't the price, but the whole copyright infringement stuff. we've all owned (and most of us still own) some cheapo gear, and only pretentious knobs would call you out on that.

Its a can of worms that I think people cant be bothered to open anymore by discussing :lol: also, i like the fact they introduced that infinium technology - at least they've attempted to improve on the original designs in some way, and put their own spin on.

·
The Singlecut King of Northern VA
2,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i think the main cause for flame wars with the Bugera stuff isn't the price, but the whole copyright infringement stuff. we've all owned (and most of us still own) some cheapo gear, and only pretentious knobs would call you out on that.

Its a can of worms that I think people cant be bothered to open anymore by discussing :lol: also, i like the fact they introduced that infinium technology - at least they've attempted to improve on the original designs in some way, and put their own spin on.
Yeah no one flames all these Marshall clone companies, honestly all amps are based off the same basic designed or stolen from someone.

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
Yeah no one flames all these Marshall clone companies, honestly all amps are based off the same basic designed or stolen from someone.
I think with Bugera the bigger issue was that no one could figure out the point of a budget 5150, since you can grab them everywhere for $500 used. :lol:

·
Forum MVP
4,767 Posts
To some that extra $301 is make or break for gear purchases especially with a looming Ole' Lady and/or kids etc.

·
Registered
6,968 Posts
I think with Bugera the bigger issue was that no one could figure out the point of a budget 5150, since you can grab them everywhere for $500 used. :lol:
Well, this is less than half the cost of a used one, at least in this sale. :lol:

If it sounds exactly like a 5150 and doesnt break, that's definitely a good selling point.

·
Banned
3,696 Posts
and in the UK a used 5150 will set you back a lot more than in the US - a used 6505 will set you back more than a new Bugera see I can see the appeal to those on a budget,

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
Well, this is less than half the cost of a used one, at least in this sale. :lol:

If it sounds exactly like a 5150 and doesnt break, that's definitely a good selling point.
Well, yeah, when on sale to the point where a set of pickups can potentially cost more than the amp, it's a little different. :lol:

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
Well, the thing is that Behringer's reputation precedes them. They rip people off more than just simply making a 5150 clone.

·
Registered
6,968 Posts
Well, the thing is that Behringer's reputation precedes them. They rip people off more than just simply making a 5150 clone.
Yeah, they also make Triple Rec clones, SVT Classic clones, JCM900 Clones, and Vox clones. They're aren't just a 1-trick pony :lol:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts