Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Read Only
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So today I went to order my ESP st-203FR. when I see this beauty on the wall

played fantastic and the pickups were very good in it... Has puny fretwire and a 9" radius tho....Still it played very nicely

He said he would give it to me for $400 bones (with a gigbag). I passed on it But I am thinking I might buy it anyway......

·
Premium Member
9,388 Posts
DOO EEET! DOOO EEET NAO!!!

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
That color scheme is awesome, and G&L's Tribute series in general get pretty good reviews, although they have like an inch of poly on them.

·
Read Only
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
really superb finish on it. Swamp ash goodness. The Finish didnt seem excessively thick on it to me but it seemed very deep (if that makes sense :lol: ) really pretty guitar.

·
Premium Member
1,927 Posts
You sure it's a 9" radius? I've got a US made S-500 and it's a 12". Unless they're just different specs on the Tribute versions? :scratch:

I :wub: the switching scheme on the S-500 btw. Only complaint I had was that I didn't get along with the MFD pickups in mine. I found them way too noisy for anything hi gain.

·
Read Only
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
you know it didnt seem that round when I played it but when i looked for specs online it said 9" I think it was closer to 12 actually... (was probably a spec error)

Im too used to ibanez necks everything seems a bit round compared to those...

I was playing through an amp with a noise gate so pup noise wasn't a problem.. I think I will try it again with the gate off and see what i think...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts