Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Good news, Everyone!
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So, the MIDIbuddy just came in the mail today, and since my rig is done, I've been fiddling with it. However, I can't seem to get my G-major to control my e530's channels. I have a Stereo line running from the proper output on the major to the proper jack on the e530, but for some reason, I can't seem to figure out what to do. I've got the manual right here in front of me, I feel there must be something I'm missing. I'm going to set it up with 0 being muted, 1 being Relay 1 off, relay 2 off, 2 being relay 1 on, relay 2 off, etc.

Also, I'm a bit confused as to how MIDI CCs work. I'm about to go hook the major up to my laptop to see how well the software patch editor works.

Any help yo guys can give wold be greatly appreciated.

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Check the manual on the amp to see if it requires momentary or latching switches. The GMajor does both, and you have to use the correct type for your amp, or it won't work.

·
Good news, Everyone!
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, I downloaded RealMajor 1.8, and it worked perfectly. Got my first 5 patches set up (Clean + FX, Gritty clean, 80's metal, and my lead tone, as well as Lead + Delay). I'm seriously not used to having all these effects available at once (My last FX processor was a GT-8, and I essentially used it as a stompbox modeler), So I'll have to play with all of the settings. I might clone my 1-4 onto 6-9, as I've got 10 buttons to work with, and make 5 and 10 a Mute and a something, and get 6-9 set up with some warbley shit.

MIDI opens up a whole new world of possibilities, mein gott.

Anyone got some neat things they do with theirs so I (and Others) could try them?

·
Good news, Everyone!
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Another question: How can I set one MIDI switch to be a universal tap tempo? I think I might be able to do it with RealMajor, but I'm not sure, and I don't want to shell out $20 for a momentary switch.

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Another question: How can I set one MIDI switch to be a universal tap tempo? I think I might be able to do it with RealMajor, but I'm not sure, and I don't want to shell out $20 for a momentary switch.
It depends on your MIDI controller, and not all of them do it. I'm not quite sure how to set it up, but it has something to do with sending a MIDI "note", so if you controller cannot do that, you're out of luck.

Hopefully, Darren will read this thread. He knows a lot more about MIDI than I do.

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Well, you still know more than I do. :lol:

·
Good news, Everyone!
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Oops, I said MIDIMate. It's actually an RFX Midibuddy.

Where's leon when you need him?

EDIT: It turns out the Midibuddy doesn't do CC commands, so I'll need a momentary switch. Such is life.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts