Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
\m/ Tits & Beer \m/
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
(searched before posting, should prolly be a sticky!)

Being that we have a fair amount of astro-geeks on the boards, I thought I'd share this fucking spectacularly awesome way that you can contribute to the knowledge of found galaxies and new planets. Some of you may have probably been doing this already, but for those who have yet to hear about it get stoked.

The Galaxy Zoo and Planet Hunters have designed a great way where people can actually assist scientists with identifying galaxies and discovering new planets. I cant think of a more awesome thing to be a part of really… even this makes the concept of making music seem so trivial, (and yet it's still my first priority, FAIL). I don't get to do this nearly as much as I'd genuinely like to, but I figured I'd share it with you guy to compensate for my lack LOL. I feel a good portion of you guys would be great classifiers.

·
Nerdington Willoughby
1,537 Posts
I've seen a few talks where Galaxy Zoo was discussed (I'm an astrophysicist). It's really great that so many people are willing to do this for free. It's a huge benefit to astrophysics.

·
\m/ Tits & Beer \m/
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've seen a few talks where Galaxy Zoo was discussed (I'm an astrophysicist). It's really great that so many people are willing to do this for free. It's a huge benefit to astrophysics.
I was just reading the previous thread (sorry for the repost), and wow that must be exhilarating to work in that field. How long have you been in astrophysics? :leon:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts