Votes: 8 80.0%
  • Red Dead Redemption

Votes: 2 20.0%
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Uncharted 2 - Best graphics ever in a video game, slick gameplay, great story.

Mass Effect 2 - Second best graphics ever in a video game, best combination of RPG and shooter yet, incredible story, only game I've ever played to truly continue playthrough from the first game using your saves.

Red Ded Redemption - Great graphics, GTAIV controls plus better targeting and health gameplay, great story and setting.

So far this year those are the top 3 I'd say. All three also have some of the best voice acting in gaming history. It's still early being July and all, but I don't see another game coming out this year other than maybe Mafia II that is going to trump these three.

·
Premium Member
7,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's exactly how I feel about Read Dead too. It's awesome, but I'm not inclined to finish it because it just got kinda boring to me.

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
I know which game made my mass erect. Two.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Metal Shop \m/: BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.167 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

RDR was awesome, but ME2 was amazing. +1.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Metal Shop \m/: BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.167 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

I also predict that LA Noir will make this list.

·
Premium Member
13,448 Posts
In my opinion:
1. Mass Effect 2
2. Red Dead Redemption
3. Uncharted 2

All three were amazing games, but I feel that they should go in that order. It was kind of a hard choice between ME2 and RDR, but I feel that it probably should go to ME2.

·
Pallin' around
9,532 Posts
Damn. I was trying to avoid computer games because they destroy my guitar practice schedule but now I want to play ME2.

·
Premium Member
7,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ME2 will destroy your life schedule. It's the first game I play when I want to go play a game.

·
Pallin' around
9,532 Posts
Yeah I better not get involved in that then. I would never stop playing until I beat it, and I suck at video games.

·

745 Posts
Mass Effect 2 hands down - the most captivating story, if you want to play it - consider a week or two of your life lost because of it :)

·
It's not lupus.
1,689 Posts
In my opinion:
1. Mass Effect 2
2. Red Dead Redemption
3. Uncharted 2

All three were amazing games, but I feel that they should go in that order. It was kind of a hard choice between ME2 and RDR, but I feel that it probably should go to ME2.
:yesway:

Completely nailed how I feel... Though that twist ending in RDR nearly gave it the number one spot for me.

·
with a Shotgun
925 Posts
What about assassins creed 2? Or was that released last year? Haha.

The good thing about ME2 is that you'll finish it sooner or later.. I'm still playing battlefield:bad company 2 online wasting a lot of time... but it's so much fun! I think that deserves a place on the list too:)

·
Premium Member
13,448 Posts
Assassin's Creed II was last year, not this year, and even if it was in the rankings, I would put Mass Effect 2, Red Dead Redemption, and Uncharted 2 above it, even though AC2 was an excellent game, just not one of the top 3 best of the year.

·
Wanker (reprise)
362 Posts
I think I would go for RDR. Mass Effect 2 was an epic gaming experience and probably the most immersive game I have ever played but there were certain aspects of it that felt like it was on rails. I also felt the game mechanics had been dumbed down a bit too much from the first one. I enjoyed collecting - guns, armour etc - ME2 pretty much got rid of all of that. Also any upcoming battle was totally telegraphed by the fact that as soon as you entered certain areas there were a load of boxes and cover around so you knew what was coming next.

RDR pips it for me probably more for the online aspects of the game than the single player. The online co-op missions are brilliant fun with friends. The absolute pinnacle of this game for me though was one of the online freeroam challenges - get everyone in a posse up to $7,500 bounty and then escape from the law - Myself and three friends did this at about 3 in the morning after many hours of trying to keep our bounties at that level over in the fortified base El Presidio. Cannons + Gatling Guns + emulating 'The Wild Bunch' while countless law men try and break into the base = best gaming experience I have ever had.

Not played Uncharted.

·
Good news, Everyone!
1,528 Posts
My vote probably has to go to BF: BC2, but Mass Effect 2 is a very close second. But, Starcraft 2 isn't out yet. We'll see what happens then.

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
My vote probably has to go to BF: BC2, but Mass Effect 2 is a very close second. But, Starcraft 2 isn't out yet. We'll see what happens then.
StarCraft II will be awesome, no doubt. However, I don't think it'll be game of the year for me simply because it is so derivative of the original. There are very few actual gameplay or interface advancements beyond being able to select more than 12 units at a time. It doesn't really break new ground the way Company of Heroes or Dawn of War did.

ME2 had the full package for me: gameplay, pretty good story, and the ability to use a character I had already grown attached to for 50+ hours in a universe that I affected. It was a little too "closed" or "on rails" for me, and resource gathering sucked balls (I'd rather have the fucking Mako again) but I can't remember being that engaged with a game since the originial ME.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts