Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Mr. Negative Pants, ,
14,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my friend Herc has some great neighbours, and every Wednesday they get together for "men's night" in his garage/car hole/man cave. They drink beer, shoot the shit, smoke cigars (etc.), play darts, and in the warmer weather, they go to the park next door and play ping-pong on the table they built.

Earlier in the winter, they hatched an idea to start deep-frying stuff. It started at Thanksgiving, when Herc fried his first turkey. And the idea just spun out from there. They've done beignets (French fried dough), Mars bars, chicken wings, and the most recent artery-clogging experiment... Panzerotti!

I was fortunate enough to make it out this week, and it was epic. Leftover dough we fried up and sprinkled lemon and cinnamon sugar on them to make homemade "Beaver Tails"... anyone who's been to Ottawa should know what i'm talking about here. We also made little turnovers with Nutella and shortbread cookies wrapped in dough.

Herc's friend Joel just got a new DSLR and he was shooting the entire evening. I bring you... Garage Panzos!

·
Mr. Negative Pants, ,
14,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
And for those not in the know, a "panzerotti" is essentially a calzone that's fried instead of baked.

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
A. I'm hungry for something I shouldn't be, given I need to get my cholesterol down, and
B. That is one well produced video, for just a bunch of guys gathering in a garage.

·
Banned
7,428 Posts
Wirelessly posted (A Destroyer of short people: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

I know right Jeff? It looks like an add for something on the food channel.

·
Mr. Negative Pants, ,
14,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The guy who shot and edited it does A/V stuff for a living. Mostly PowerPoint, but he does do some video stuff as well. :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts