Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Read Only
10 Posts
I just skipped around - is there any part of it where there's a mix? Or (no offense) did you really record a 25 minute video of you noodling around with a VST? :lol:

·
Could be Hitler
7,666 Posts
I just skipped around - is there any part of it where there's a mix? Or (no offense) did you really record a 25 minute video of you noodling around with a VST? :lol:
Yeah I found no "parts" in the video on YT either :lol: I skipped around and got pissed and cursed you Lucas

·
Banned
1,542 Posts
I'd be more interested in a tutorial where you mix drums that aren't really mix ready, and see how.you work those.

·
Banned
3,697 Posts
I've not looked yet, but how does this thing work? Is it a substitute for ez drummer? Is it just drum sounds, or does it have a beats library you can use etc? Or do you have to load it into something g like ez drummer and use the toontrack beats? I'm new to this vst drummer thing

·
Super Moderator
8,320 Posts
I've not looked yet, but how does this thing work? Is it a substitute for ez drummer? Is it just drum sounds, or does it have a beats library you can use etc? Or do you have to load it into something g like ez drummer and use the toontrack beats? I'm new to this vst drummer thing
It's an alternative to EZD (Toontrack stuff only works with other Toontrack stuff). It's a library of sounds, and you need Kontakt Player to use it, and doesn't appear to work with the free version of Kontakt, so you need the full version to use it (only $50 or so, though).

It probably doesn't have a groove library. You can use the beats from EZD's midi library, or any other library, with it, in the same way you can with any VSTi that's driven by midi, and you can also programme the midi yourself.

·
Banned
3,697 Posts
It's an alternative to EZD (Toontrack stuff only works with other Toontrack stuff). It's a library of sounds, and you need Kontakt Player to use it, and doesn't appear to work with the free version of Kontakt, so you need the full version to use it (only $50 or so, though).

It probably doesn't have a groove library. You can use the beats from EZD's midi library, or any other library, with it, in the same way you can with any VSTi that's driven by midi, and you can also programme the midi yourself.

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
We're a tough crowd. :lol:

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
You should apply your tutorial making skills to something more interesting.

The entire point of drum samplers is that it's been dumbed down for people who don't know what they are doing. If something has been dumbed down already for "out of the box" results, dumbing it down further is of questionable use.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts