Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 137 Posts

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rob and I have been talking about this one for a little while.

The bridge will be a Hipshot-style unit, designed and built by Rob, with Graphtech saddles. The guitar will have a 25-27" fan and have the familiar Sii body style. Rob will be custom building the pickups.

If we can get ten orders, then these will sell for $1999.

KxK Sii-7R Compound Scale Order Page

UPDATE: Now with top options available. One-step finishes only, no bursts.

Bubinga $300
Spalt maple $400
Flame maple $400
Quilt maple $600

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Interesting on the bridge. Any reason you're going with that design over Wilkinson-style saddles on a baseplate? That'd be easier to have machined.

I'd love to get one, but there is no way it's financially in the cards for the next few years.

·
HAWKS & FUCK SEC!
1,672 Posts
I'm definitely interested in fan fret KxK. I'd rather have this than an Agile anyway. I'll put money down assuming I can at the time. For me it'll all depend on timing also. But I'm down.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Make it an 8 with the same fan (equivalent to an 8 string) and I'm in. I'm really not interested in a fan fret 7 string.

·
I don't like it.
11,071 Posts
Post this on ss.org, immediate djentgasm :lol: Looks like it'd be pretty awesome, digging the bridge design.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
While very cool I really don't need another seven string (and already have 3 on order :lol:)

You might want to try posting this to more places than just this site to help drum up the ten orders. TGP and Rig-talk spring immediately to mind as well as the most obvious site on the web for seven strings.

·
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━&#
1,986 Posts
I wanted my next KxK to be a double cut 6, but this'll do too :)

So, once Rob is ready to do a wrong handed version my deposit will be ready.

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm sure he'll have no problem doing lefties. :yesway:

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
UPDATE

Normally Rob would charge $2999 for one of these, but if I can get ten people, he'll sell them for $1999 a piece.

·
Mr. Negative Pants, ,
14,796 Posts
Damn!

If it's anything like the last short run he did at that price, i'm sure it'll sell out in no time.

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I hope so, Darren. That last short run happened during the economic boom.

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
So, we got two (since I'm totally in).

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
While very cool I really don't need another seven string (and already have 3 on order :lol:)

You might want to try posting this to more places than just this site to help drum up the ten orders. TGP and Rig-talk spring immediately to mind as well as the most obvious site on the web for seven strings.
Excuse my noobness, but what is TGP? :lol:

I've never been on Rig-talk, so I don't want to be the dude that signs up and post one is me pimping something. Maybe I'll head over and drop someone on the staff a line and tell them what I'm trying to do. It's not like I make a living selling guitars. :lol:

1 - 20 of 137 Posts