Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Tr00 Kvlt
5,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Getting back my drumkit day! :lol: Has been collecting dust in my last band's drummer's attic for months and months, but after seeing how sad the drummer situation is around here, I have decided to just record all of my drum parts, and if need be hire session musicians for shows. :noway: The kit has been played and it Shows its been played.

Looks like this:

Its not a real vistalite, its custom acrylic shells with 70s ludwig hardware. Still, once tuned right it sounds as great as any acrylic kit sounds. Oh, and the snare is an acrylic Fibes snare, who apparently made acrylic drums before Ludwig. Going to do the 1 rack tom, 2 floor tom setup, now I just need a kick pedal, cymbals, and drum mics.

·
Tr00 Kvlt
5,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
It been a long time since i've actually sat down and practiced or recorded drums, but I play every now and then...mostly when i'm trying to get my point across to one of the talented "drummers" around here, in which even though I play it and show them what it needs to sound like....they just don't get it. Excited to have a kit back at the house because I love playing drums, its fun and great exercise.

EDIT
Going to have my drums layed out something like this:

1 rack tom, 2 floors (one will be a rack tom, but will use a cymbal stand mount)
If I can find a cheap little maple snare i'll use it as a side snare (the little 10" drum on the left of the kit)

·
Plastic bag in the sea
280 Posts
Very nice Chris :metal: I hope that I can get a proper kit again sometime in the future (currently no space, too loud). All I have is an electric kit (which has been gathering dust due to how shit it is to play :p) and snare/cymbals/kick pedal for playing live and rehearsing.

Like the 1 rack, 2 floor tom setup too! I've been favouring that myself since I started playing in a band again. I find it forces me to come up with more interesting fills than with a normal 5 piece setup, plus the ride is in a much better position.

Pics and videos at once! :D

·
Tr00 Kvlt
5,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Wirelessly posted (Shadow: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-us; Droid Build/FRG22D) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Shikaru said:
Very nice Chris :metal: I hope that I can get a proper kit again sometime in the future (currently no space, too loud). All I have is an electric kit (which has been gathering dust due to how shit it is to play :p) and snare/cymbals/kick pedal for playing live and rehearsing.

Like the 1 rack, 2 floor tom setup too! I've been favouring that myself since I started playing in a band again. I find it forces me to come up with more interesting fills than with a normal 5 piece setup, plus the ride is in a much better position.

Pics and videos at once! :D
Pics and vids asap. Don't have the kit back yet and I need pedals and cymbals first too. I think I'm going to trigger the kit and mic the cymbals for recording. The tom shells have some issues with the seams coming unglued so they'll probably sound their best triggered. If I have the extra cash I may try triggers on just the toms since its a 24" kick and the snare takes your head off. I'm playing all instruments accept keys and vocals and I plan to do a few vids of me and Brandon(singer/keys) recording and put em up with full songs. :lol:

Also the tom sizes are weird, ill be using a cymbal tom mount to turn the 2nd rack tom into a floor tom, the rack toms are 10" and 14" and then a 16" floor tom.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts