Premium Member
23,428 Posts
Nice!

Maybe not $3k nice :lol:

And veneer? Seriously?

·
Mr. Negative Pants, ,
14,796 Posts
... and that, i suspect, is why all the BFRs have black backs and black bursted edges.

Although it's probably a bit more than a "veneer"... it's likely a 1/4" bent top, but with the deep bevels, it gets cut away from the edges quite a bit.

Gorgeous colour though, and it IS nice to see a BFR without an opaque black burst around the edges.

·
I don't like it.
11,071 Posts
... and that, i suspect, is why all the BFRs have black backs and black bursted edges.

Although it's probably a bit more than a "veneer"... it's likely a 1/4" bent top, but with the deep bevels, it gets cut away from the edges quite a bit.

Gorgeous colour though, and it IS nice to see a BFR without an opaque black burst around the edges.
Agreed, it looks like 1/4" or 3/16", nothing wrong with that. Looks phenomenal, IMO.

·
Mr. Negative Pants, ,
14,796 Posts
Yeah, you really have to look at how thick it is where it wraps around the arm contour.

The "tape" on the back is a vinyl cling decal with the barcode they use for tracking them through production.

·
Banned
13,827 Posts
I just fucking love that colour :lol:

Now to remind myself that I neither like the necks on those things, nor have $3000, and no amount of whoring myself out will change either of those facts.
Same here. Color is glorious...

... But these guitars do absolutely nothing for me. When I tried one, it felt like a freakin' great and very well built guitar, but just not for me at all. I just don't like their overall look and their necks.

·
I MG.org salute you.
2,501 Posts
Would tap!

It's funny because when these JP's first came out I really didn't like the drastic departure from the Ibby JP models. I thought they were ugly. They have certainly grown on me.

Not for $3k.....but I'd certainly play the shit out of one if it was given to me.

·
18,790 Posts
Same here. Color is glorious...

... But these guitars do absolutely nothing for me. When I tried one, it felt like a freakin' great and very well built guitar, but just not for me at all. I just don't like their overall look and their necks.
That's almost the exact colour I wanted to refinish my Hellraiser C-7 when I had it, maybe slightly darker.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts