Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Read Only
10 Posts
TLDW? I watched for a bit, but stopped caring after they went off the rails a bit to make their video conveniently over 10 minutes long for monetization.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Aah. Rickenbacker was a surprise, I didn't even know GC had Fortin. I've honestly never even seen a Fortin amp, or known anyone who's had one.

I hope GC doesn't go under. I don't really shop there but the last time I went in, the one near me was full of young kids jamming out and making that cool cacophony of noise that is part of the guitar store vibe. I hate it as an adult because I'm old and boring but I loved it as a kid, it made me want to play.

If GC goes down, I don't think it'll be mom and pop stores that take it's place. It'll be Amazon. :\

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Mars and Daddys were awesome back in the day... my first Gibson was a used Les Paul Studio I got from there. My first real guitar I got from Drome Sound. Now Drome Sound doesn't have much to choose from. Guitar Center is a joke. So really the only place left within 20 miles is Parkway. I'm friends with one of the owners, he's a great guy and always willing to help. Great inventory too.. just not typically the stuff I'm looking for. I'm glad they are doing well.

The only good thing out of Guitar Center for me is the return policy and occasionally the used section. You never know when they will make something incorrectly and at a steal compared to what it is worth. And it being close by, I can order, try at home, and then return it if it sucks (which has been a bunch of stuff over the years).
Daddy's was awesome, but towards the end they definitely went the way of the snobby music poser when it comes to staff. We had a big one up here in Danvers, MA and while the kid in me was sad to see it go, the adult in me doesn't miss it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.