Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Mr. Negative Pants, ,
14,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's a shame it's from the Custom Shop. But maybe it can be ordered without the cover, which would be nice... or at least without the engraving.

·
Premium Member
8,188 Posts
Yeah, I dig the cover but the chances of me actually ordering one are next to nil.
In the mean time, the Aldrich works just fine. I'd just like one of these since the inspiration for the Warbanez was Lynch's guitars.

·
Premium Member
32,450 Posts
I've never liked a pickup that had Lynch's name on it until now. That sounds crushing. :metal:

...and I want that Hamer. :agreed:

·
Premium Member
9,388 Posts
That pickup sounds bad ass. I wish all the Duncans I really wanted weren't $160 Custom Shop models. Also, Hamer made some kick ass metal and shred guitars. It really sucks they stopped doing that and tried to be Gibson.

·
Premium Member
32,765 Posts
I gotta check this out tonight, I love Lynch's tone.

·
Mr. Negative Pants, ,
14,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
That pickup sounds bad ass. I wish all the Duncans I really wanted weren't $160 Custom Shop models. Also, Hamer made some kick ass metal and shred guitars. It really sucks they stopped doing that and tried to be Gibson.
They started out building more Gibson-style instruments. It was (i believe) Steve Stevens' desire to switch to bolt-on guitars that had them re-tool to do just that.

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Yeah, given the chance, it's a toss up between this, the Duncan EVH, and the BKP VHII for the next bridge humbucker I want to try.

I really like the idea of a sort of single-coily response. The Dimarzio HFH did something similar, but wasn't quite a tonality that I liked.

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
It's a little dark, I think. It makes a pretty cool neck pickup!
Yeah, I had it in the neck of the Donniecaster. I only really liked the way it sounded when I whacked the hell out of the strings, though, since that gave it enough snap to do what I wanted.

Which is weird, since it's supposed to be super bright according to the description.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.