Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,388 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1; en-us; Droid Build/ESE81) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17)

Oh pretty!

I'm digging the headstock to.

·
Premium Member
2,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
that didn't even occur to me , but now that you mention it, a "bursted maple board"
would look really cool.
this one is Ebony though.

I just socred a 1990 Red jackson solosit last week too.
I think the Mrs. is going to notice all these new "red guitars" in the house:rofl:

·
Mr. Negative Pants, ,
14,796 Posts
Wow... nice! That's a GREAT headstock design... i don't think i've seen that one on a Rico before.

·
Premium Member
2,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wow... nice! That's a GREAT headstock design... i don't think i've seen that one on a Rico before.
thanks!
it's a proto (the first one he's done. first neck thru Hesperian he's done as well.)
I wanted a "less metal" looking design than his usual stuff so we threw some ideas around and he had come up with a new 6 string HS that he hasn't unveiled yet, and I loved it so he went 2/5 on it for me.
I think he's waiting to see how the response will be to this one before he makes it "one of his Headstocks".

·
Premium Member
2,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I like that headstock a lot better than his "droopy wang" inline headstock.
This Headstock is a new one that Bernie was playing around with for a 6
and he showed it to me and I loved it, so we kicked aoround some ideas
and decided to go with a 2/5 so we could stay close as close as possible to the 6 string version dimensions and shape .
One of the things that took so long with this one is that the first version of this HS came out a little "off" so I asked Bernie to trim it down.
Now it looks much closer to what we originally were going for.
This is (as far as I know) his first neck thru Hesperian as well,
which I also like better thatn his "Jekyll" body shape.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Wow looks like an awesome quilt... though just to prove taste is subjective I hate the headstock :lol: I think it's the 2+5 that bugs me... it just makes it look completely unbalanced :shrug:

·
Premium Member
2,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Bernie did a little "reshaping" on the horns to get it a little more "traditional" looking.
This is actually more "me" now, a little less "metal" looking :cool:
Kind of like a cross betwen an RG and a Soloist.
Unfortunately the flash washed out the quilt and the real color of this thing.

original shape before it was painted and before the Headstock was also reshaped.
I like this shape a lot too, but I like the "smoother" horns a bit better, it's not as "Evil" looking.

·
Premium Member
9,388 Posts
:drool:

That's the my favorite Rico ever.

·
Bringer of, Satan Ants
3,384 Posts
B.R.J is building some very nice gear.
This 1 looks freaking sweet. :metal:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts