Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹɐln&#38
5,486 Posts
Wow! I try it out, but don't know if I'd do this to any of my guitars.

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Wow... :lol:

·
Temporary Autonomous Zone
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No one has reviewed it on the Allparts site...I almost HAVE to try this and let the world know.

Civic duty and all.

Right?

·
Slow Money
14,612 Posts
Whats the allparts part number? That HAS to be intended for touchstyle

·
Temporary Autonomous Zone
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'd like to hear what Darren and Elysian think as far as issues are concerned.

We mentioned new nut. It wouldnt be my hands or tools working on the stuff, so thats whatever.

Let's talk about intonation issues? The string would contact at the crown, so that wouldnt be a problem as long as you keep them dressed, right? There's plenty of metal to keep doing that, no?

·
El Kabong
5,037 Posts
Wouldn't installing that fret wire have a similar effect to shimming the neck? It seems like a guitar would just about have to be built specifically for this wire.

·
Slow Money
14,612 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Hivemind: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148a Safari/6533.18.5)

Tom said:
Wouldn't installing that fret wire have a similar effect to shimming the neck? It seems like a guitar would just about have to be built specifically for this wire.
If you were to shim the whole neck up at level, yes. Not as an angle change type of shim, no

·
Premium Member
9,388 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2.2; en-us; Droid Build/FRG83G) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

:eek: OMFG! It's three noodles high!

Reactions: Vince

·
Pallin' around
9,532 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Hivemind: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148a Safari/6533.18.5)

If you were to shim the whole neck up at level, yes. Not as an angle change type of shim, no
I don't think so. If you shimmed the whole neck up, you still wouldn't have the problem of the nut not being high enough for the string to clear the fretwire.

I think you would have to get a new nut, and raise the bridge up.

·
I don't like it.
11,071 Posts
That'd make the neck feel unnecessarily thick, you'd only want to install that on the thinnest of necks.

·
Registered
331 Posts
In the immortal words of Neo, "woah!"

It looks a bit silly... Anyone else much prefer normal small fretwire?

1 - 20 of 57 Posts