Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gibson.com: Gibson Chad Kroeger "Blackwater" Les Paul

Awesome looking guitar. Discuss.

With its killer hand-stained Trans Black AAA-flame maple top and unique trim package - featuring a truss-rod cover engraved with "Blackwater" in silver - the Chad Kroeger "Blackwater" Les Paul looks as unique as it sounds, too. Plus, it features Kroeger's own idea of adding white star decals along the upper back fretboard, aligned with the standard fret markers, which allow you to see where your hand is positioned when playing on a darkened stage.
:spock:

·
Read Only
3 Posts
It looks great, and the built in GHOST system is cool.

I just can't get comfortable on a Les Paul. I love the idea of them, but in practice they are just not for me.

·
Mr. Negative Pants, ,
14,796 Posts
Looks really nice. The built-in piezo is awesome. I would have rather seen this as a PRS Singlecut, but i guess Gibson was offering him more money. ;)

I think it'd be a really nice guitar for $2500. But with an MSRP of $4100, i think the street price will be about $1000 too high.

·
Habitual Line Stepper
490 Posts
If this was $2000 I would be drooling.

I love the fact that I only see his name on a very easily removable and burnable part.

·
NSLALP
13,286 Posts
It's a Gibson, no sense complaining about the price ($4100 MSRP = ...$3200 street?) I think that's a fantastic guitar and I'd own it in a New York Minute. GHOST piezeo FTW. It also doesn't have his name on it, just says Blackwater, which is pretty cool and would make for great Opething. :D

Fuck those pickups, though. I doubt he uses the 498T/490R combo. It would get a JB/Jazz set faster than you can say Burn It To the Ground.

·
Canis lupis robertus
5,706 Posts
It's a Gibson, no sense complaining about the price ($4100 MSRP = ...$3200 street?) I think that's a fantastic guitar and I'd own it in a New York Minute.
1. Who's complaining? I wouldn't buy it if it were $2000 cheaper. Just stating a fact. You stating that, "Oh, it's Gibson, oh well" implying all Gibson's are insanely priced is akin to me saying, "Hey, that $10 crack whore probably isn't too safe," implying they all have aids. Well... duh. :lol:

2. I'd own it, too. OWN. But pay? Hell no!

·
NSLALP
13,286 Posts
1. Who's complaining? I wouldn't buy it if it were $2000 cheaper. Just stating a fact. You sating that, "Oh, it's Gibson, oh well" is akin to me saying, "Hey, that $10 crack whore probably has aids." Well... duh. :lol:

2. I'd own it, too. OWN. But pay? Hell no!
It's just a tired fact, Bob... Gibson charges too much. :lol: And yeah it's pretty much that obvious; I take it as a given. I'm surprised it's not listing at $5000-6000, to be honest.

And how you going to own it without paying for it? Going to enter to win one? Member of the Nickelback Fan Club, Bob? Hm? :cool:

·
RG 7 player of doom
690 Posts
Looks nice.
Too bad with a price like that, it's unlikely to ever make it into the hands of someone who can actually play.
Just gonna be a bunch of blues lawyers that can't play for shit that collect guitars buying this thing.

·
Premium Member
32,765 Posts
Looks nice.
Too bad with a price like that, it's unlikely to ever make it into the hands of someone who can actually play.
Just gonna be a bunch of blues lawyers that can't play for shit that collect guitars buying this thing.
Who listen to Nickelback? :lol:

It's actually a pretty attractive guitar, and with a built in Ghost system I could see it in the $2.5-3k range without being too absurd. I'm just wondering where the fuck "Blackwater" came from - think he's a closet Opeth fan? :lol:

[action=Drew]actually doesn't mind Nickelback.[/action]

·
NSLALP
13,286 Posts
Nickelback took three names out of 15,000 suggestions from fans and then made a poll to pick the final name. I dunno about the choice either, but it seems fitting. Reminds me of the Sweetwater band in Almost Famous.

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
I think I should get points for not knowing who Kroeger was before opening this thread :lol:

That said, along Bob's lines, if it was a 7, I'd drop upwards of $800 on one used. Any more than that, and I'll just call Mike S.

1 - 20 of 88 Posts