Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Slow Money
14,612 Posts
If it didnt need a fucking refret from the factory and sound like it was made from MDF, id be all over it at that price. Those are hot as shit.

·
Tr00 Kvlt
5,914 Posts
If it didnt need a fucking refret from the factory and sound like it was made from MDF, id be all over it at that price. Those are hot as shit.
I know the QC issues are there on the new stuff, but my Gibsons play and sound great. :shrug: No refret needed. Its kinda funny that I also bashed Gibson for the longest time, but I have grown quite attached to mine. The feel, the tone, the sustain are all just amazing. Kinda scary I finally found my "tone" and its mahogany Gibson V's through Mesas. I was originally going to put a Vanzant humbucker in my faded V, but I'm honestly scared to fuck with it because I love the tone as is with the Gibson pickups in it. I'll save the Vanzant for maybe the White V if I end up getting it.

·
Slow Money
14,612 Posts
There are certainly exceptions, but Ill never find a store with ten of those in stock that I can see in person and find that exception :lol:

Les Pauls are another case because most stores DO have a bunch. Silverburst Explorers, not so much.

·
Super Moderator
2,037 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-us; ADR6300 Build/FRF91) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

I know exactly what you're talking about. I have a secret love affair with Gibsons. I had an 81 LP Custom when I was playing in bands and going on my second SG now. I guess they just kinda grow on you. I hope this doesn't mean I'm turning into one of those blues dads, wanking musty chops on a Clapton strat in Guitar Center. No.. I can still appreciate a good BC Rich here and there.

As for that Thunderhorse model, I'd play it, but only pay about a thousand for one.

·
Tr00 Kvlt
5,914 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-us; ADR6300 Build/FRF91) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

I know exactly what you're talking about. I have a secret love affair with Gibsons. I had an 81 LP Custom when I was playing in bands and going on my second SG now. I guess they just kinda grow on you. I hope this doesn't mean I'm turning into one of those blues dads, wanking musty chops on a Clapton strat in Guitar Center. No.. I can still appreciate a good BC Rich here and there.

As for that Thunderhorse model, I'd play it, but only pay about a thousand for one.
:agreed: My love affair with Gibsons isn't too secret though. I will be getting one Non Gibson V so I don't come off as a fanboi (also because Hamers pwn too). :lol: But since my Explorer is going back to its original owner :( I will be buying a White Gibson V, and a flame top Hamer V. :metal:

·
Les Paul Nut
8,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I Love Les Pauls but from 80's and early 90's

·
Carvin Crazy
119 Posts
I think it looks great!
And it's $1670. M.F. price.
A regular Explorer is $1400. M.F. price.
So, it's only a $270 difference.
Which really isn't bad for a signature guitar.
Especially, since Gibson usually jacks the price well above $2000 on signture guitars.

I'm sure if you went through a local dealer you could score it for less than M.F. .

When I bought my '07 Explorer Pro, M.F. wanted $1200.
I got it for $899 new from one of my local dealers (cream city music).

My explorer pro.

Only thing I wish Gibson would do is come out with a model that has a beveled edge in the body to reach the 22nd fret easier.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts