Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,927 Posts
Gibson also announced the appointments of Cesar Gueikian as CMO (chief merchant officer); Kim Mattoon as CFO (chief financial officer); and Christian Schmitz as CPO (chief production officer).
The two in bold will probably have the most direct impact on what Gibson Guitars produces and how well they do it. Interesting that Mr. Gueikian "has performed and recorded with several heavy metal and rock bands and is an avid collector of vintage guitars..." Maybe he'll greenlight a maple-necked 11 lb. LPC with Dirty Fingers pickups! :lol:

·
Registered
3,275 Posts
The two in bold will probably have the most direct impact on what Gibson Guitars produces and how well they do it. Interesting that Mr. Gueikian "has performed and recorded with several heavy metal and rock bands and is an avid collector of vintage guitars..." Maybe he'll greenlight a maple-necked 11 lb. LPC with Dirty Fingers pickups! :lol:
Incoming wave of Norlin-era reissues.

·
Premium Member
32,765 Posts
To be fair, these guys have the mother of all low bars to hit, and I know a thing or two about bars! :drew:

:lol:

·
Premium Member
32,765 Posts
They should have hired you as CFO. The lady they hired is the only one of the new senior management team that doesn't play guitar.
Shit man, I'm a Fender guy, and I'd totally have done it. I wouldn't mind the excuse to buy an ES-335.

·
Premium Member
8,927 Posts
If I'm running Gibson, I want a CFO that knows finances... not necessarily product or mythology.
Probably true. And it might be better NOT to have a guitarist as the person holding the checkbook. We all know where that can go. :lol:

IIRC, the hollow bodies never suffered as many quality issues as the solid bodies.
The hollows and semi-hollows were never made in Nashville, were they? That might explain it.

·
Bowes Guitars
1,958 Posts
Probably true. And it might be better NOT to have a guitarist as the person holding the checkbook. We all know where that can go. :lol:

The hollows and semi-hollows were never made in Nashville, were they? That might explain it.
Both factories were unclean shitty environments. Wouldn't be surprised if half the instruments that made it thru their QC went out the door with flaws.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts