Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
NSLALP
13,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bit of a mouthful, but I must say, out of all the bullshit Gibson's been offering lately (as in, the last decade), this isn't a bad addition to the line at all.

Buy Gibson Les Paul Studio Pro Plus Electric Guitar | Solid Body Electric Guitars | Musician's Friend

There are of course mixed opinions on weight-relieved Les Pauls, but in keeping with the value of the Studio series, these upgrade to flame maple tops, coil-splitting electronics and nitro finishes. I really love my Studio, and it would be fun to have a couple of these upgrades. Coil-splitters can of course be done on one's own.

If one were willing to play ten or twenty to find a pretty good sample, I think this is a lot of guitar for $1600 w/HSC. I would dig gold or black hardware on some of these. :yum:

·
Premium Member
3,930 Posts
I thought Studio's were supposed to be affordable and just mahogany? Not that I don't like them, it just seems excessive for a Studio. Like if Ibanez started putting Piezo on their non prestige RG's and jacked up the price by 1000 dollars.

·
Mr. Negative Pants, ,
14,796 Posts
I'm LOVING that natural one. The blue is also very nice, and they've also got it in a sweet trans black:

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Les Pauls just look wrong without covered humbuckers, or at least creme rings. Only LP Customs can get away with the black plastic. :2c:

·
NSLALP
13,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Les Pauls just look wrong without covered humbuckers, or at least creme rings. Only LP Customs can get away with the black plastic. :2c:
I think Blackie just found one of those authorized reasons for assault and is going to try it out on you this Friday. :mad:

:wub:

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
I'm just waiting till your bassist realizes that this 2x10 probably weighs as much as his entire rig :lol:

·
Mod Britannia
7,233 Posts
I came in here thinking Gibson had done a tie in with "wake up" pills :lol:

The guitars don't look bad though

·
I MG.org salute you.
2,501 Posts
I think Gibby should have just stuck with producing the Les Paul Standard Fadeds. I got mine for about $1600 just before they stopped production. Best value you can get in a "real" LP IMO.

·
NSLALP
13,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I think Gibby should have just stuck with producing the Les Paul Standard Fadeds. I got mine for about $1600 just before they stopped production. Best value you can get in a "real" LP IMO.
Looks to be basically the same to me, finish differences aside. LP Standards are weight-relieved these days too. This is probably what they came up with to replace those, which might not have sold well at the time. :yesway:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts