Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
7,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
even though it is EMGs thew price from the Explorer makes up for it I think :lol: and Gibson I guess doesn't want to make a 7 string version of a 500T or what ever they usually use.

·
Super Moderator
4,876 Posts
they'd have to wind their own pickups if they didn't use emgs. wouldn't want to actually make a guitar with pickups worth buying though. If they make too many 7 strings, the corksniffers will stop buying 15$ pre worn replicas of old guitars.

·
Registered
7,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think, Aside from them using EMGs on both 7 strings, that this IS a step in the right direction for gibson. At least they are not putting out some fucked up Reverse V Mandolin 14 string baritone.

·
Banned
7,428 Posts
Wirelessly posted (A Destroyer of short people: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8G4 Safari/6533.18.5)

Another 7 with EMG's....great.

·
Premium Member
1,588 Posts
I think an ebony board, and not having the V shaped piece around the string holes would make it nicer.

·
18,790 Posts
Wirelessly posted :)sponge:: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8H7 Safari/6533.18.5)

They name drop the brand of glue they use...but no mention or the scale length?

Or am I blind?

·
Registered
7,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Wirelessly posted :)sponge:: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8H7 Safari/6533.18.5)

They name drop the brand of glue they use...but no mention or the scale length?

Or am I blind?
Nope your not blind I couldn't find it either.. :lol: Mostly it will be 24.75" scale. maybe a 25.5" if we are lucky

·
Mr. Negative Pants, ,
14,796 Posts
They could just yank pickups out of their old Epiphone sevens... anyone who buys one is probably going to want to change the pickups anyway. If they're going to use third-party pickups, at least go with Duncans or something.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts