Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Señor Member
12,297 Posts
I like 'em. $500 for a b/n Gibson that *doesn't* look like the usual Melody Maker LPs is worth it to me. Will I be buying one, however? Nein.

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Man, those are hideous. :lol:

·
Super Moderator
8,927 Posts
The V would be OK if they did something about that pickguard and the jack location. Actually, the 'guards on both those guitars look like something a 13-year-old made at home.

·
One-Two-Nine-Five
598 Posts
I'm with PSP on this one. I've never been a big fan of Gibson due to the cost and now all you people with your stories of how terrible they actually are just reinforced that. But for $500 a Gibson V with a pick guard that can be changed seems like a good deal to me.

·
Read Only
1 Posts
Those look like they should cost $99 and be sold at Sears

Seriously WTF is up with the jack placement on those.

·
Tr00 Kvlt
5,914 Posts
Those look like they should cost $99 and be sold at Sears

Seriously WTF is up with the jack placement on those.
:shrug: The jack placement really isn't much different from your typical Gibson V or SG. It is a bit closer, but its not horrible, especially if you use a right angle jack....or get it as a mod project, and slap a new pickguard on it after making the cavity bigger.

My guess is they made the cavity as small as possible to cut down on costs: Less time spent building the guitar is less hourly wages spent on employees.

In all honesty, I can't think of any other USA made guitar that sells new for $500.

·
Super Moderator
8,927 Posts
Indeed... I own two Faded V's, they still go for right at $500 to $600 used, and retail new for $700 for the SG, $800 for the Les Paul, and $949 for the V.
I didn't realize they cost that much now. I seem to recall them at GC selling for about $600, but I guess that was a few years ago.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts