Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
I have angered the Noodles
2,662 Posts
yesss... the only lefties are twice the cost of the others.

there are a couple that look pretty neat though. i like the look of the SG gothic

·
Registered
7,393 Posts
hmm, and they are still Gibsons... Wonder if they are still made in Tenn... :lol: And if they'd een be worth picking up/

·
Serious Bedroom Guitarist
982 Posts
Wtf is it with sites and their mobile versions? Why would i ever want a deep link redirected to the start page of the mobile version? >:-(

·
Tr00 Kvlt
5,914 Posts
:agreed: :lol:

The pg isn't what I dont like its the wrap around bridge...
I love the feel of wraparound bridges. The one on my PRS SE is great... I just can't get into the single cutness of it. :lol:

The Chojin said:
Awww... c'mon man you know you like it, it's just a matter of time before you want one. lol
I already want one just because I love V's, single pickup guitars, and wraparound bridges. :rofl:

I don't hate the pickguard, but they could've made it a bit more interesting, hell they could've just made it look like the old V90 pickguard and call it a day:

for the lazy

^ That blue just Doesn't look right on a V either. :nuts:

·
NSLALP
13,286 Posts
I love the feel of wraparound bridges. The one on my PRS SE is great... I just can't get into the single cutness of it. :lol:
:agreed: I just wrap over the top of my LP Studio's tailpiece because it yields the proper break angle over the bridge and the tailpiece can be screwed almost all the way into the body. Much better sustain and I don't know why, but somehow bending feels much easier. Perhaps because the strings aren't digging into the bridge behind the saddles like they used to.

The Lou Pallo is really awesome looking, and I kind of laughed that it has Tone-Pros Kluson-style tuners instead of the real "crappy" deal. :lol:

That BFG... :yum: And a Schaller trem, at least! That thing actually ticks a lot of my boxes for $1200... :idea:

·
Tr00 Kvlt
5,914 Posts
$1200 is too much for my blood, but it sure is tasty looking!

I wish they'd make a BFG V...those stains are badass. I don't even need all the features of the BFG, just give me a rear routed V in the BFG finishes and i'll be happy. :lol:

·
NSLALP
13,286 Posts
Here's a dumb question - a Les Paul with its infamous neck angle and non-voluted one-piece neck/headstock (I forgot what it's called, the way most luthiers put angled headstocks together - they joint and glue the pieces together and it's stronger... what is that?)... and non-locking tuners and nut to boot...

Other than probably losing tune fairly quickly with even moderate trem action, is there any extra danger to the headstock when using a trem like that?

I love to bend the neck myself on my LP for those soft dips, but I was always warned that that was a dangerous move and to use it sparingly.

·
NSLALP
13,286 Posts
Chris, looks like all you'd have to do is rough up the finish and take some kind of planer/scraper tool to the surface, then stain it and sand the peaks back off... looks pretty fun to do, actually.

And $1200 with a gig bag is kind of lame, but it's on par with a Studio with hardshell case, so...

What kind of trem is this, anyway? Not an LFR, it's just a 2-point vintage? Synchronized? Not familiar with a lot of trem hardware, sorry...

·
Tr00 Kvlt
5,914 Posts
Dude, if you get a non-lemon, it will play amazing and stay in tune. The stock hardware on my Faded V is on par with the aftermarket sperzels and such that I have added to other guitars. Gibson tuners don't lock, but mine stay in tune Very well. The pickups and electronics are also pretty damn good. I had some issues with the output jack making noise, I replaced it with a switchcraft jack, but funny enough the one in it already Was a switchcraft jack.

The only thing to worry about with gibsons is the trussrod cavity, be careful with the headstock where the neck angle begins because of this....

Now, as long as you don't throw it around and do things that would probably break a headstock off anyway, you shouldn't have any problems. :lol:

·
NSLALP
13,286 Posts
Now, as long as you don't throw it around and do things that would probably break a headstock off anyway, you shouldn't have any problems. :lol:
I might be infamous for doing G-string bombs with squealing Dimebag harmonic returns. Just sayin'. :cool:

Probably the wrong guitar for that though.

·
NSLALP
13,286 Posts
Hm. Comes with a Graphtec nut and LOCKING Grovers. The Schaller has roller saddles. WTF is Gibson Product Development smoking? Pass to the left, please. :agreed:

1 - 20 of 40 Posts