Metal Guitarist Forums banner
21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Tr00 Kvlt
5,914 Posts
Hm. Comes with a Graphtec nut and LOCKING Grovers. The Schaller has roller saddles. WTF is Gibson Product Development smoking? Pass to the left, please. :agreed:
If its got Grovers either pass on it or also purchase new tuners immediately. Gibson tuners are great, the Grover tuners they use suck ass. The explorer I had came with Grovers and if I could have kept it it they would have been changed immediately. I had a set of Grovers that held tune WAY better. :shrug: The ones on it just wouldn't keep in tune.

·
NSLALP
13,286 Posts
Maybe. They do lock. But Sperzels would be in its future if they sucked.

I'll have to keep fantasizing for now, but I do like that. Maybe I'll come across a used one some day for a few hundred less.

·
Registered
7,393 Posts
I love the feel of wraparound bridges. The one on my PRS SE is great... I just can't get into the single cutness of it. :lol:
I do gotta admit when I had the Bronze Warlock the bridge was pretty comfy. And I hardly used the neck pickups also and for 550 for a "real" Flying V even if it is a Melody maker version would def be worth it I think.

$1200 is too much for my blood, but it sure is tasty looking!

I wish they'd make a BFG V...those stains are badass. I don't even need all the features of the BFG, just give me a rear routed V in the BFG finishes and i'll be happy. :lol:
^ :agreed:

·
Tr00 Kvlt
5,914 Posts
I do gotta admit when I had the Bronze Warlock the bridge was pretty comfy. And I hardly used the neck pickups also and for 550 for a "real" Flying V even if it is a Melody maker version would def be worth it I think.
:agreed: I can see owning one of these in the near future. Especially if zzounds or AMS gets them, or I can snag one used.

·
NSLALP
13,286 Posts
:agreed: I can see owning one of these in the near future. Especially if zzounds or AMS gets them, or I can snag one used.
I was looking for that BFG, and all of the major music stores are already taking preorders... AMS, Sweetwater, MF... I didn't look but I'm sure that extends to the MM guitars. :yesway:

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
I was about to say, "A made in USA guitar for $500. For once Gibson is doing something right." But honestly, I'm beyond the point of associating country of origin with prestige. Unless if this is really good I doubt it will smoke the numerous MIK/MIJ guitars you can get used or new for around that price. They could still be good, but I'm not holding out for anything special. I don't like Gibsons that much anyways though.

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
Soop, allow me to show you what you are really looking for in the "Les Paul with a trem" department.

Unless if you are huge on the Les Paul body shape, its a les paul soundwise though.

·
Tr00 Kvlt
5,914 Posts
I was about to say, "A made in USA guitar for $500. For once Gibson is doing something right." But honestly, I'm beyond the point of associating country of origin with prestige. Unless if this is really good I doubt it will smoke the numerous MIK/MIJ guitars you can get used or new for around that price. They could still be good, but I'm not holding out for anything special. I don't like Gibsons that much anyways though.
Well, both of my Faded V's play better and sound better than Any other guitar i've owned with the exception of my old USA BC Rich. They're not super expensive guitars either, go for a little more than the Melody Makers new, and in the same price range as the Melody Makers when buying used (as I did for both). Gibson parts for the most part are great, I almost didn't change the pickup in my first Faded V because the stock pickups sounded so good. Gibson has a bad rep and I agree with that bad rep completely, but I am Really digging both of mine and I also dug the Explorer I had. The only problem the Explorer had was the tuners...which were Grover tuners and not Gibson tuners. :shrug:

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Rogueleader, the problem with that Jackson is the neck is too skinny and it has too many frets. Otherwise I'm with you on the LP-with-a-trem thing... I'd love to have an AT, although it would be even better with an SLSMG headstock.

·
Tr00 Kvlt
5,914 Posts
I am going to get one next month when I get paid. I am thinking about getting one in white or in blue
:yesway: I think the V in white will be my next axe as well, once I start working and get my bills and such caught up. You really can't beat that price. Maybe i'll buy mod it by putting on a real V pickguard since thats the only thing I don't like about it. I've got a few other things on my list, but I want to snag one of these asap if they're really "limited edition".

21 - 40 of 40 Posts