Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
DOO)))M
7,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Copy and paste, sue me for being lazy

Brief & Accurate Description of gear/guitar: Killer '82 Gibson SG Firebrand Deluxe, this thing is a beast of a guitar but unfortunately music has taken a tremendous backseat to me so this guy sees little use; and for a guitar of this caliber, that's inexcusable. Mahogany body, ebony fretboard, MOP dot inlays, zebra bridge humbucker, and traditional Gibby two volume/two tone layout. Has some dings and knicks here and there, but that doesn't stop this from having a thick-as-a-brick tone to it (not to mention the damn thing IS twenty eight years old!)

Modifications (if any): None technically. I threw some Ernie Ball 13's on there and it's set in B standard (never got around to changing intonation cause I'm lazy and just wanted to administer doom metal ASAP), but I'm willing to throw on 9's or 10's if buyer wishes.

Accessories (hardshell case etc): Original Gibson Hard Case

Location (City,State or City,Country): Haverhill, MA

Contact Info (No Phone): PM

References Required (eBay or other forum userid): 5 deals done on here, one
deal done on MG.org, 4 deals done on eBay as Pr0metherion and 10+ deals done on Goozex as Kezia.

Price (include currency and if firm/obo) - These things seem to be hard to find a price on, but from the ones I've seen, we'll say $825 SHIPPED (I'm expecting to get hit rather hard on shipping it in the big case)

NO TRADES

Pics!

Possibly the worst full body shot I've ever taken :

Ding on the horn :

Some on the side of the body, treble side

Some near where your arm rests :

·
Good news, Everyone!
1,528 Posts
I have a friend who, to my knowledge, has been looking for one of these for the last few years.

·
Registered
1 Posts
That friend would be me... and Yes i would love to take it off yoru hands, unfortunately I'm lackign Funds entirely right now.

Out of curiosity, Don't Firebrand SGs have the imprinted logo on the headstock?

Gorgeous guitar Either way dude. Best of luck moving it.

·
DOO)))M
7,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Out of curiosity, Don't Firebrand SGs have the imprinted logo on the headstock?
I've seen most Firebrands have the imprinted headstock, but I haven't seen any other Firebrand Deluxes and that would make this an extreme pain in the ass to identify due to some of it's features (ebony board, one zebra humbucker)

·
DOO)))M
7,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'd also be open to Mexi-Strats but the MUST have Maple boards, and obviously cash would be needed as well.

·
DOO)))M
7,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
:bump:

Price is now at $740 shipped, gotta sell this guy for my new car, help a brotha out

1 - 18 of 18 Posts