Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This was featured prominently in a couple of the articles on Gibson's bankruptcy as a "high point in Gibson's history". Possibly one of the classiest guitars in history.

?American Sniper? Les Paul By Gibson Custom to be Auctioned

https://www.tennessean.com/story/mo...tom-gibson-guitar-auctioned-charity/84225848/

^Yes, that is Gibson's actual work. :lol:

From the second article.

"Apparently he was shooting at some insurgents, and his friend reached down and picked up three shells, brought them home and he's had them ever since," Montana said. "He sent me that - I got this package and I opened it, and it was like goosebumps, chills. I was like, 'Wow, Chris Kyle fired this round in battle. This is a piece of American war history.'"
Just in case you need to see it again.

You may think your tone is good, but how many insurgents has it killed?

·
MG.ORG Irregular
9,747 Posts
You know I'm actually kind of surprised by this, I forgot people get so obsessed with others they do stuff like this :lol:

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The main problem with this premise is that if you're spending that much money on a guitar, there better be a certificate of authenticity that that bullet killed an insurgent.

"One of three shells that possibly killed an insurgent" isn't good enough.

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
The main problem with this premise is that if you're spending that much money on a guitar, there better be a certificate of authenticity that that bullet killed an insurgent.

"One of three shells that possibly killed an insurgent" isn't good enough.
So, it should come with a death certificate? It could be like one of those Sponsor a Child commercials. "Your guitar will come with a picture of a violent Islamic extremist who's life was heroically ended by Chris Kyle."

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
"Your guitar will come with a picture of a violent Islamic extremist who's life was heroically ended by Chris Kyle."
Well, I don't know if the certificate could read that, we don't actually know if they were an Islamic extremist, they looked like one though.

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Well, I don't know if the certificate could read that, we don't actually know if they were an Islamic extremist, they looked like one though.
Is the truth really a barrier here?

·
Premium Member
549 Posts
That looks like the perfect guitar to start my stolen valor core band that is a more douchey version of five finger death punch. we arent going to even beat around the bush and dress like a moto cross guy and various trailer trash stereo types. we are going to dress like the village people and play songs that suggest we may have possibly at one points in our lives could have been in the armed forces

·
Premium Member
549 Posts
lol. maybe instead of dressing like the village people we can dress like meth head pan handlers like all the stolen valor people i see around here

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Was it? I kept forgetting I had it in my queue, did they have the part in there with him shooting looters from the roof of a gas station during Katrina?
I have no skin in the game here, I just enjoyed the film. :lol:

I looked this up and Snopes says that didn't happen, so I'm not sure if you're kidding or if you bought into some bullshit somewhere.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/kyle-file/

·
Premium Member
549 Posts
I have no skin in the game here, I just enjoyed the film. :lol:

I looked this up and Snopes says that didn't happen, so I'm not sure if you're kidding or if you bought into some bullshit somewhere.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/kyle-file/
if this guitar is real im offering a $50USD stolen valor core mod on any guitar you own + shipping and handling. I have plenty of 9mm and 44 special spent brass to go around. I have a hot glue gun and too much time on my hands.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts