Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The conklin neck pictured here is the only/ element set in stone. I want to spec out the entire rest of the build before actually ordering parts. So I'm looking to find suggestions for body shape/body wood/trem/pickups/whatever, pretty much anything thats not the neck. So the only specs the other parts must have is 25.5 scale/bolt on body/fender style neck pocket. I could easily just assemble something that I know I would really like, but maybe I should do something more outlandish. Thats why I'm asking you guys! What would you guys do?

·
Slow Money
14,612 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Hivemind: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

Warmoth musiclander body, Floyd, HHS, volume and 5way, gnarly trans top

·
Reverend Secret Flower
11,836 Posts
i hate the look of the rounded fender body with modern looking headstocks.

That would look sweet with a saber style body like a jackson stealth or something.

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Wirelessly posted (Hivemind: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

Warmoth musiclander body, Floyd, HHS, volume and 5way, gnarly trans top
Whats on my shortlist now looking at warmoth is

-Strat bodies
-Tele Bodies (HEAVY METAL TELE :metal:)
-Soloist bodies
-Z bodies
-Whatever their prs bodies are called

I really like the soloist body with the awesome blue top, but it is too spendy for me.

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I would love to go for a carved top soloist, but those bodies start at $500ish. Which is too mcuh for me.

Are there any alternatives I should consider to warmoth?

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
USACG. They're not any cheaper though.

Also, Allparts.

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Anybody know if fender is the only brand that does micro tilt? I took off the neck and there is the micro tilt plate there.

Looks like you can't adjust it from the back anymore, since that mechanism is gone. :lol:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts