Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
... because I have some huddled acoustic playing yearning to breathe free (from all this being grim).

I can only play "To Rid The Disease" and "Hope Leaves", and I can only play them so many times before I'll get tired of them/they stop challenging me. Give me some stuff for a contingency plan, por favor.

·
MG.org-er
2,137 Posts
The first song I ever learned on guitar (an ES335) was "Is There Anybody Out There?" by Pink Floyd, from "The Wall." It's simple, and chromatic as fuck, but it sounds really cool, and fits the atmosphere of the whole album perfectly. Give it a try :yesway:.

·
Volvo Mis-Enthusiast
800 Posts
While you're on the Opeth thing, why not... Still day beneath the sun? Patterns in the Ivy? Patterns in the Ivy II?

:shrug:

·
Volvo Mis-Enthusiast
800 Posts
:agreed: *I* consider these to be superior to the songs you've already learned (learnt?), anyway. They are great.
And I guess if you're ambitious, you could learn the acoustic outro to Burden. :partyhat:

·
Volvo Mis-Enthusiast
800 Posts
Whilst simultaneously growing a third arm to slowly detune your acoustic guitar... Short of having Fredrik Akesson there to do it for you, of course.
i've seen opeth twice, just last week and in october... and they didn't play burden either time. They're real big on heir apparent, though. :lol:

·
Volvo Mis-Enthusiast
800 Posts
Gee, you think? :lol:

Thanks, guys. I'll start engrossing myself in this stuff.
I wish I could offer more stuff... but I am not really familiar with a lot of finger style work besides Opeth. I tend to use a lot of their finger patterns in my acoustic music... :shrug:

·
Registered
62 Posts
While on the Opeth topic, anything from still life will have some challenging acoustic passages in them. Namely, The Moor and Face of Melinda.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts