Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
He simply produces the some killer mixes and has IMO the best metal / HR channel on YT. The best part is, while he comes across as a pompous character, he's truly excited when he learns something new and shares it like a giddy kid finding a new toy. I love this guy :agreed:

Here's one of his better mixes, and the band just kills:

And this one is just damn fun:

·
Banned
21,819 Posts
I’m pretty torn on him. Yeah, he does some cool shit, and seems genuine at times. Other times it seems like click-baity bullshit.

Sorry Glenn; the new Gibson Modern V is ugly, but it’s not “The Ugliest Guitar Ever OMG Click on my YouTube Video!!!111” bad. That honor would have to go to Minarik.

·
ya boi
ESP, Kemper, Marshall
967 Posts
I'm pretty torn on him. Yeah, he does some cool shit, and seems genuine at times. Other times it seems like click-baity bullshit.

Sorry Glenn; the new Gibson Modern V is ugly, but it's not "The Ugliest Guitar Ever OMG Click on my YouTube Video!!!111" bad. That honor would have to go to Minarik.
It isn't even Gibson's ugliest guitar. Remember the Zoot Suit series?

·
Premium Member
7,425 Posts
I'm pretty torn on him. Yeah, he does some cool shit, and seems genuine at times. Other times it seems like click-baity bullshit.

Sorry Glenn; the new Gibson Modern V is ugly, but it's not "The Ugliest Guitar Ever OMG Click on my YouTube Video!!!111" bad. That honor would have to go to Minarik.
Another thing with his "stupid musician texts"... I've noticed a few times there's some OBVIOUS troll / joke comments but it seems to fly right over his head.

Look here:

I made a comment

Not that my comment was hilarious or anything, but still... :lol:

·
Reverend Secret Flower
11,834 Posts
Eh. Dude needs to cut his hair. Hes constantly whipping it around and pulling it back and some how forgetting hes like 50. As for his content, its hit and miss, but he annoys me. And that danger zone clip sounds fine. Doesn't sound that special or anything.

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
I used to love him, but I don't give a shit about his "brutally honest' reviews anymore. He'll shit on Line 6 and Gibson stuff because it's popular to shit on them. But he'll get a couple of free guitars from Legator and consider them the best, even with their shitty QC.

·
Could be Hitler
7,720 Posts
I almost liked this thread but then realized the title says "Badass" and not "Fatass".

·
Banned
1,562 Posts
I used to love him, but I don't give a shit about his "brutally honest' reviews anymore. He'll shit on Line 6 and Gibson stuff because it's popular to shit on them. But he'll get a couple of free guitars from Legator and consider them the best, even with their shitty QC.
"I was gonna use my legator but the nut fell off"

Huge surprise.

·
Premium Member
33,895 Posts

Yeah, this, pretty much. The clickbait-y themes and constant fake outrage make it awfully hard for me to to take him seriously.

·
DOO)))M
7,479 Posts
Any YT musician video I see where I can see the person from the waist up, usually alone in their studio talking to the camera in front a mixing board, I know is going to be a waste of time; instead, I'd rather see a thumbnail like everyone of Lee's video's where it's a headless body and a clearly visible guitar which says "You're going to focus on me playing this" instead of "watch me run my stupid mouth about things I was paid to say"

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.