Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Puddin
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Earlier today my brother and I noticed War Pigs and Walking in a Winter Wonderland could be mixed together really well. We got everything ready to record our mash-up, but just as a safety precaution, we did a Youtube search before we began... and found this...

Assholes beat us to it.:pissed::pissed::pissed::pissed:

Christmas is ruined, I say, RUINED!! :lol:

·
Premium Member
9,388 Posts
I say do it anyway. Bring the metal and show these fuckers up. :metal:

·
Puddin
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I still suck severely at bringing the metal. It was going to be an acoustic piece with maybe some growling... :sweat: My bro's spirit is crushed, but I'll see if I can convince him to carry on with our project.

·
I miss you Avalanche
3,519 Posts
The 1st one was pretty good, not 'metal' obviously cuz its acoustic, but it made the point of linking the 2 songs together very well... the 2nd song was just gawd awful, you couldn't barely tell that's what they were doing.

·
Puddin
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The 1st one was pretty good, not 'metal' obviously cuz its acoustic, but it made the point of linking the 2 songs together very well... the 2nd song was just gawd awful, you couldn't barely tell that's what they were doing.
Yeah, we saw the second one first and we were like "That sucks, we could do better." Then we saw the other one and we were ready to give up.

Also... we just realized we don't know the first thing about recording. Two microphones and Audacity over here. Awwwwwwww :yeaaah:!

Or we could webcam it.

·
Chromaphonic Invader
1,298 Posts
Record the acoustic on it's own with the two mics so it's in stereo. If it sounds like poop with both of the stereo tracks playing you have phase problems, move the mics a little. Then record the vocals with the best sounding mic to the recording of the acoustic. You could use headphones while singing to minimize bleed if you want to but meh. Then avoid the urge to put a fuck ton of reverb on it like most people do and your done :D.

Or yeah take the easy way out and webcam it lol.

·
Puddin
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wirelessly posted (Stupid Motorola Backflip: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.5; en-us; MB300 Build/Blur_Version.0.13.37.MB300.ATT.en.US Flex/P014) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1)

ILdÐÆMcº³ said:
Record the acoustic on it's own with the two mics so it's in stereo. If it sounds like poop with both of the stereo tracks playing you have phase problems, move the mics a little. Then record the vocals with the best sounding mic to the recording of the acoustic. You could use headphones while singing to minimize bleed if you want to but meh. Then avoid the urge to put a fuck ton of reverb on it like most people do and your done :D.

Or yeah take the easy way out and webcam it lol.
Thanks. I'll try to record with both mics first.

Guys, we decided to go a totally different direction than we were originally going to take this, so it may be slightly better than I anticipated. Your ears will probably still bleed, though.

·
Puddin
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ok. Had a disk error today because of a corrupt registry key and lost like half my tracks to dskchk. Bad news is my backup was right before I started this, good news is after digging through my old files, I think I might have a semi-finished version of the song... Monday-ish?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts