Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
YouTube comments are notorious for being bad, but I was just watching a metal music video on YouTube when I noticed a comment that said "This music is an abomination to God. You will all go to Hell for listening to it. It's not too late. Jesus still loves you." Now I know there are a ton of crazy Christians out there, just like there are a lot of sane and reasonable Christians out there as well, but the song's lyrics weren't anti-Christian or anti-God. I didn't even think the lyrics should be offensive to someone religious.

But it brought up an interesting point. Will God send people to Hell for listening to music he doesn't like? "I can't stand Bob Marley. Have an eternity of suffering in the pit of fire!" "Heyyyy, you're a fan of the Beatles. Niiiice. You--wait... you like Cannibal Corpse, Iron Maiden, and Slayer? Isn't old Lucifer a fan of those bands? I hope you like to burn, buddy."

This subject might straddle the line between "General Music" and "Off-Topic," but I'd like to know how I can find out what music will send me to Hell. Is Black Sabbath okay, but Judas Priest isn't? Or is it by genre? It might be that this guy was saying that listening to any sub-genre of metal whatsoever will take you to Hell. But then, where's the list of the genres dooming one to eternal condemnation?

If we have any priests or pastors on the forum, maybe you might have an idea where this "damnation through music" thing is coming from. :yesway:

·
Premium Member
32,450 Posts
The wonderful thing about religious beliefs is that people can just make them up. There is no logic required. You're trying to approach this in a rational way, when really what is "going to hell" is based upon who you are talking to and what they are pissed about.

·
Slow Money
14,612 Posts
Are you sure it was because metal is anti god and not because the song is awful, and that itself is anti god? :lol:

I mean, i cant say, cause i have no idea what you were listenign to, but that seems totally viable to me

·
Premium Member
13,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Are you sure it was because metal is anti god and not because the song is awful, and that itself is anti god? :lol:

I mean, i cant say, cause i have no idea what you were listenign to, but that seems totally viable to me
I said it WASN'T anti-god or anti-christian. Besides, someone who thinks you are going to go to hell for listening to a metal song isn't going to be able to tell the difference between an "awful" song and a "spiffy snazzy nifty song of bodaciousness."

It doesn't really matter what I was watching/listening to because someone who would say that would say the same thing to your favorite band in the world (unless your favorite band in the world is The Boston Baptist Men's Choir of God).

·
crying in your beer
3,782 Posts
There are still too many retards out there, thinking that listening to Metal is equal to devil worshipping.

And i approve that they come then out of the closet and damn us all to hell. I like that, because it makes them look even more retarded, and i also admit to enjoy beeing hated by such people.

·
Neil deGrasse Tyson is my HERO.
1,053 Posts
There are still too many retards out there, thinking that listening to Metal is equal to devil worshipping.

And i approve that they come then out of the closet and damn us all to hell. I like that, because it makes them look even more retarded, and i also admit to enjoy beeing hated by such people.
:mk:

·
Premium Member
13,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

True dat. But the idea itself just boggles the mind. "Uhm, it's just sound waves. Just notes. How can listening to sound waves arranged in patterns send you to hell?" "THEY ARE EVIL PATTERNS!!!!"

·
Puddin
1,793 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Stupid Motorola Backflip: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.5; en-us; MB300 Build/Blur_Version.0.13.37.MB300.ATT.en.US Flex/P014) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1)

I'd rather die than go to heaven. Hell... At least I know some cool people are gonna be there, and I can get there in a hand-basket. :lol:

I don't get why people think metal is inherently evil. I mean, there are Christian metal bands out there, even metal churches. So... yeah.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts