Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife takes pictures constantly... we hang them all over the place, and give them as gifts and stuff. We usually have them printed for us, but her birthday is coming up and she wants a printer of her own to use at home. Just for small stuff, 5x7's, 4x6's, small squares.... what is a good printer we can get for under $150? Seems like the names that come up most are Canon, Lexmark, HP, and Brother. But for every good review i read of a printer, there is another saying that it was completely unusable and worthless. Its pretty damn confusing.... I just need something that will print small photos with good quality. Please help!

·
Read Only
10 Posts
I always bought HP printers, but their home office stuff kept dying on me. I print maybe 20 pages a year, but do a lot of scanning. (Old family pics, etc). I picked this one up about 6 months ago and love it:

Amazon.com: Epson WorkForce WF-3520 Wireless All-in-One Color Inkjet Printer, Copier, Scanner, 2-Sided Duplex, ADF, Fax. Prints from Tablet/Smartphone. AirPrint Compatible (C11CC33201): Electronics

It does duplex printing, the scan function works great and unlike the last HP I had, it remembers the wifi settings after a power outage. The photo printing on it works great too (for the price) as long as you have the right paper.

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
:agreed: HP stuff is really starting to suck. Well, starting? Probably has for awhile. Epson's the way to go.

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
Printers always suck. :lol:

But yeah, the printer that's lasted the longest for me is an Epson. I've had an Epson color laser printer for 10 years.

·
Read Only
1 Posts
Another vote for Epsom - I have had my wifi printer for a year or so it prints very well and scans pretty decently to boot

only downside are the tiny ink cartridges but you can purchase high volume cartridges that hold more ink. (printing good quality photos uses a ton of ink)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts