Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,876 Posts
unsurprising and unfortunate. I was on EI(employment insurance) after i got layed of from my last job and after 3 months of doing nothing i ended up looking for a new job because i knew it would probably take me the remaining 9 months to find one again. I'm lucky and got into a job that i enjoy and lets me look the way i do and such. The job pays less than my last one by a bit but i have healthcare and such through it and there is room to move up in the company. I feel extremely lucky to have found this job.

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
Everyone loves their cheap Chinese shit though, don't they? I guess I'm as guilty as anyone, but it's not really a choice in many (if not most) cases, when there's no such thing as a MIA laptop, MIA HDTV, MIA etc. Everything's made overseas it seems.

·
Premium Member
32,450 Posts
I am sure the solution is for Supreme Court to gut campaign finance law, allowing large corporations to give unlimited donations to the campaigns of politicians that will then continue to allow this to happen. That article right there is why nationalism is stupid.

·
Premium Member
9,388 Posts
I'd like to thank 30 years of Reaganomics for helping speed this along nicely. :yesway:

·
Señor Member
12,297 Posts
Everyone loves their cheap Chinese shit though, don't they? I guess I'm as guilty as anyone, but it's not really a choice in many (if not most) cases, when there's no such thing as a MIA laptop, MIA HDTV, MIA etc. Everything's made overseas it seems.
QFT

·
Chromaphonic Invader
1,298 Posts
This is so true.

It's a lot of factors, but it all boils down to greed. I was hopeful that the Obama administration would be able to turn things around, but it's either not been enough time or they have been ineffective.

I've been out of college for a couple of months now looking for a job. That's not that long, but I've sent out around 300 applications and haven't even been able to get an interview. For jobs that pay $10 an hour or less too. I guess I'll have to live with my parents forever :lol: :(.

·
Banned
7,428 Posts
This is so true.

It's a lot of factors, but it all boils down to greed. I was hopeful that the Obama administration would be able to turn things around, but it's either not been enough time or they have been ineffective.

I've been out of college for a couple of months now looking for a job. That's not that long, but I've sent out around 300 applications and haven't even been able to get an interview. For jobs that pay $10 an hour or less too. I guess I'll have to live with my parents forever :lol: :(.
That sucks man :(

·
Premium Member
32,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
End the Fed. :yesway:
Oh come on, man, that won't do a god-damned thing and you know it. :lol:

Really, there's no single answer here. Part of this is simply due to globalization, which given the advent of global communications is unavoidable. American wages are far higher than the global average, and the net result of globalization will be the drawing in of outliers closer to the mean.

Of course, globalization and cheaper labor SHOULD also lower the cost of living, partially offsetting the impact, so that's not the full answer. This is also very clearly due to the redistributive effect of Reagan-era tax policies, allowing the further consolidation of wealth in the hands of the rich. And yuet it's the conservatives who talk about redistribution...

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

I think completely unregulated corporations have a lot to do with these problems, as do retarded politicians for the last 30 or so years. I also think unions play a part in it too, especially when it comes to cost of living issues.

·
MG.ORG Irregular
9,747 Posts
Are the US-Made still? Then abso-fucking-lutely. The only Celestion I like anyway is the Mesa C90.
Yeah they're made in Kentucky. Somehow they are made in the USA and cheaper than ones made in China? yeah exactly

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Celestion has the name :(

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
1 - 20 of 32 Posts