Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/10/10/science/10google.html?_r=1&hp

The car is a project of Google, which has been working in secret but in plain view on vehicles that can drive themselves, using artificial-intelligence software that can sense anything near the car and mimic the decisions made by a human driver.

This would be awesome if it works because it would save lives. But it takes the fun out of driving which would suck.

·
Premium Member
32,450 Posts
They should make it optional for use, except during rush hour. Think how efficient commuting could be with computer-controlled cars.

·
18,790 Posts
I just pray they don't include wifi/bluetooth or any other kind of wireless communication in the system. Imagine a highway full of these cars when someone decides to take control of the whole thing.

Plus, if they included wifi, being that it's Google, they'd have to include some social networking. Imagine peoples cars tweeting/facebooking where you're going.

·
Read Only
1 Posts
A few schools have been working on this for several years (MIT, Carnegie Mellon) and have yearly contests/obstacle courses - pretty interesting.

I only hit traffic on the drive home and then only for about 3 miles til i get out of town so it wouldn't benefit me much -but when I was driving into Pittsburgh 5 days a week - that would have been nice to just sit back and let the car do its thing.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.