Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
You don't get to keep the music though, do you? Sounds like Spotify.
Apple Music goes online at the end of the month; I'll probably just wait for that.

·
Super Moderator
8,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You know, I know absolutely nothing about these modern streaming services. Owning MP3s is about as modern as I got. I thought I'd be able to download them as I do when I bought albums through Amazon or the Google music store, but it doesn't seem so.

So, people pay to effectively rent music? What is the world coming to?!

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
You know, I know absolutely nothing about these modern streaming services. Owning MP3s is about as modern as I got. I thought I'd be able to download them as I do when I bought albums through Amazon or the Google music store, but it doesn't seem so.

So, people pay to effectively rent music? What is the world coming to?!
It's exactly like Netflix for music.

I happily pay $7.99/mo to Google for access to just about all the music I care to listen to on my phone, my computer, work computer, etc. I can also upload any music I own that's not in their library, and stream that anywhere as well.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Spotify is pretty awesome. Even the free version is decent.

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
As long as my whole catalog is there, I don't really care. It is, at least with Apple, so I'm all good. I like being able to check out music on the fly, without dropping extra money on it.

·
Oh yeah!
1,913 Posts
You can upload up to 50,000 songs for free with Google Play (on the cloud). I'm doing that with the free version.

·
Super Moderator
8,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I like being able to check out music on the fly, without dropping extra money on it.
YouTube.

By the way, it's entirely possible to keep all the albums you download through this trial. It's not a legitimate practice, but it's as easy as drag and drop, for those who would be so inclined.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts