Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Forum MVP
4,767 Posts
Good choice and congrats. I had a chance to open my LBX up this weekend and it was glorious. That built in attenuator will come in handy , mine is only 15w but its is plenty loud and at the volume it clears up (2-3) it is too loud for home use unless nobody is around and 4w isnt much quieter it just compresses earlier. They have that ruthless mean distortion but still clear...enjoy!

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sadly, I don't have the budget for a full on 5150 but I did grab one of these recently if that counts .. :cool:

Perfectly acceptable overdrive pedal.
THIS is what I actually set out to get when I went to the Sweetwater site...then...you know....I kept looking at the amp....and at my sweetwater credit card...then...I dunno. :dunno:

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Alrighty....I forgot to mention that I canceled my preorder for the Marshall CODE head (fuck you, modeling amps! :p ). Anyhow, first impression playing through the 5150 is (first time playing through a combo version of it)...WOW ...motherfucking WOW!! :)

The ONLY thing I'm pissed about right now is my JEM-Jr -- after a while of playing through it (back when I got it half a year ago) I began to notice how "fizzy" the stock pickups actually sound. :( But lo and behold, I purchased some Dimarzio pickups! :metal:
That's why I'm pissed, 'cause I still have to put them in (it's easy to do, but I'm just a total lazy ass lol). I wanted to get slightly different pickups than the norm, so I got:

Bridge - Tone Zone
Middle - Air Norton S (dual-blade humbucking single coil)
Neck - Air Classic Bridge (because it has more output than the neck version)

Playing my Jackson through the amp sounds frikkin beastly (Duncan Distortion and Pearly Gates), I can't wait til I put those damn pickups in!! :flex:

·
Forum MVP
4,767 Posts
I love the sound they get and I found last weekend that lower output pickups where still heavy sounding but had a great feeling to them though the EVH. For lower gain classic VH my buddies dimarzio Air Classic in a Samick LP guitar was awesome.

·
Forum MVP
4,767 Posts
The Blue channel has plenty of gain and if it was the only channel I would still love mine. They cut right through when playing with a bass and other guitars too :yesway:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.