Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, so here's the deal --
I am currently running Ubuntu and, am for the most part happy. I have vista as a dual boot (Since i had the disc that came wiht my computer, it was the most readily available version of windows at the time). However, Vista is doing a bunch of bullshit and I want the fucker gone. I want to Install XP in its place, so I can use Reaper, my Toneport, and things like that, which I just cant use in Linux.

I know that if I try to install XP, it's gonna be like "Fuck you, Linux!" and overwrite my MBR. is there any way around this? Cause I'm totally happy with my current install of Ubuntu, and don't want to start from scratch on my Linux partition again.

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
You might be able to reinstall XP, which will overwrite the boot record, but then reinstall the boot record with the linux disc?

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
I wonder if you could create an Ubuntu install disc from your current installation?

·
Slow Money
14,612 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Hivemind: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148a Safari/6533.18.5)

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/ubuntu/reinstall-ubuntu-grub-bootloader-after-windows-wipes-it-out/

·
Registered
6,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Party Röcker
1,372 Posts
You might also try putting Linux in the Windows bootloader - especially if you hate everything and want nothing but misery to fill the last few hours you spend on this planet before trying to kill yourself by jumping off of insufficiently tall buildings over and over, giving up, and throwing yourself in front of a bus.

Jeff

1 - 10 of 10 Posts