Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Just recently I got two Ibanez J-custom guitars, both of which came with the Gotoh strap locks.They are this type of strap locks:

I tried to install them to my guitar strap, but it does not seem to be that easy.
The locking-barrel is too big to fit it through the strap-eye.
I can force it through the strap-eye but then there is barely enough thread of the barrel left to put the nut-screw on it.

Does anybody of you have experience with this?
Am I supposed to cut the strap-eye to make it bigger?

Thanks,
Lars

·
Mr. Negative Pants, ,
14,796 Posts
That's what i usually do with my Schallers to get them to fit properly for a good snug fit.

·
Turd Furguson
1,847 Posts
They can be a pain in the ass some times. I use Schaller's with the padded leather Levy's straps and have honestly spent a good 30 minutes trying to slowly get the hole big enough to get a nice snug fit and get it to where the nut will tighten down.

·
Registered
6,968 Posts
I put some Schallers on a strap yesterday, and I found if you can get the nut threaded by like 1/2 or so turns, you can get it on the rest of the way with a socket. Pretty sure that strap isn't coming off ever again :lol:

·
Turd Furguson
1,847 Posts
I put some Schallers on a strap yesterday, and I found if you can get the nut threaded by like 1/2 or so turns, you can get it on the rest of the way with a socket. Pretty sure that strap isn't coming off ever again :lol:
That's what I do.

·
Mr. Negative Pants, ,
14,796 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Yup. NO WIRES!)

:shrug: I lay the washer down on the strap to use as a cutting template, and 30 seconds with an x-acto knife later, the hole is the perfect size. No buckling when I ratchet the nut down, either.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts