Metal Guitarist Forums banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Not gonna lie...I kinda dig the '79 series X and V with the flame tops. Then I click on the pic to see the description and remember that giant fugly-ass headstock.

:stewart:

These guitars could be well built and play amazingly, but I just don't want to be seen playing the logo of a brand that sullied their name on plywood starter guitars and "beaten dead horse" sigs for players no longer living.

·
I am Groot
32,447 Posts
A friend of mine collects Dean Cadilacs that where made in certain years in the Czech Republic a while back.. not now..... and I have to say, even though I really dont like that shape, those guitars are top notch and I dont mean "for a import/budget" guitar, I mean as good or better than US Deans.
About fifteen years back, a local shop had a few US Dean Hardtails. One of them smoked every PRS, Heritage, and US Schecter on the wall. If I had $2500 at the time, I'd have bought it. It had serious mojo.

And the Czech Spectors smoooooke.

·
Guitarded
Rig: Marshall DSL20
429 Posts

:lol: :lol:
is that... a kahler trem? a multiscale too? didn't even know they made those. looks like they're on a few of the new models. must be a deal they worked out with Kahler now that they do the Kerry King sigs.

:kerry:

·
Super Moderator
8,924 Posts
About fifteen years back, a local shop had a few US Dean Hardtails. One of them smoked every PRS, Heritage, and US Schecter on the wall. If I had $2500 at the time, I'd have bought it. It had serious mojo.

And the Czech Spectors smoooooke.
I had one of those USA Hardtails briefly. Wasn't bad, but it wasn't as good as the one you're thinking of.

Dean has a bunch of its own iconic designs from the late '70s - early '80s; they really don't need to do me-too Charvel/Suhr wannabes.

I can only imagine how neck-heavy an 8-string ML must be.

·
I am Groot
32,447 Posts
I had one of those USA Hardtails briefly. Wasn't bad, but it wasn't as good as the one you're thinking of.
Classic Axe had three of them. Two were decent, but the faded bluejeans one was amazing.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts