Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Droppin' bombs. :lol:

Grace Jones latest artist unimpressed with Lady Gaga - The Marquee Blog - CNN.com Blogs

Cultural icon Grace Jones doesn't work with other artists as a personal rule, and that includes Lady Gaga, she told the U.K.'s The Guardian.

"I've seen some things she's worn that I've worn, and that does kind of piss me off," Jones said, but she added, "I really don't think of her at all. I go about my business."

Although the "Bad Romance" provocateur asked to collaborate with Jones, the 61-year-old explained she turned her down because she'd "just prefer to work with someone who is more original and someone who is not copying me, actually," Jones said.

She's not the first artist to complain of Gaga being a copycat.

In music magazine N.M.E.'s April 7 issue, M.I.A. took Gaga to task for sounding more like her than she does herself.

"People say we're similar, that we both mix all these things in the pot and spit them out differently, but she spits it out exactly the same," M.I.A. said. "None of her music's reflective of how weird she wants to be or thinks she is."

To M.I.A., Gaga "models herself on Grace Jones and Madonna but the music sounds like 20 year-old Ibiza disco. She's not progressive, but she's a good mimic. She sounds more like me than I [expletive] do! That's a talent… but she's the industry's last stab at making itself important."

·
Dr. Mrs. The Monarch
1,306 Posts
Yeah, but Lady Gaga is hot. I'd be terrified of Grace Jones, I'd say she'd snap me in half.

·
Bro of Bros, Bro.
15,373 Posts
Good thing she's still around.

Princess: "How do you attract a man? What I mean is, suppose you set your heart on somebody. What would you do to get him?"

Gracie poo: "Grab him! And take him!"

·
Mutes the Meat
10,236 Posts
Lol at complaint of pop being unoriginal
Some "pop" artists have created some brilliant and original work, you just have to know where to look. Depeche Mode and New Order are some that come to mind, as well as Tears for Fears. Many people would call these groups pop (I would call Depeche and New Order goth, and Tears for Fears - Styx Number 2.) Also, Seal must be mentioned, because he's brilliant and he's banging Heidi Klum. He wins at everything.

I have not listened to Lady Gaga, so I really have no idea what to say about her. She's attractive, and dresses a bit strangely, but that really doesn't say much. I like weird, but if the music isn't as crazy as she appears...fug it.

·
Mutes the Meat
10,236 Posts
I never realized that the person in that picture was a woman, and I have no fucking clue what she has accomplished.

·
Motherfucker.
3,459 Posts
Oh god, she creeped me out when I was a kid and saw "A View To A Kill"...still, almost two decades later, my dick tries to tuck itself into me when I look at her. :ugh:

·
Mutes the Meat
10,236 Posts
Oh god, she creeped me out when I was a kid and saw "A View To A Kill"...still, almost two decades later, my dick tries to tuck itself into me when I look at her. :ugh:
Oh shit! May Day! I totally forgot about that.

·
Registered
560 Posts
As much as I don't really care about any of the people mentioned in that article, I'd still listen to lady gaga over them.

EDIT: Also May Day was scary as FUCK

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
Yeah, but Lady Gaga is hot. I'd be terrified of Grace Jones, I'd say she'd snap me in half.
Er, to each their own, I guess. I think she looks repulsive.

Otherwise known as the Grace Jones Inflicted TurtleHead Retreat(tm). :lol:

·
ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹɐln&#38
5,486 Posts
OH man, I just remembered some Eddie Murphy movie (maybe not eddie murphy?) where she made him smell her panties and said "THAT is the ES-SAWNTS of sex" or something like that.

It was for a perfume thing on the movie.

·
Mutes the Meat
10,236 Posts

"But I was the original cross-dressing weirdo damnit!"

·
Guitarist/The Purge
846 Posts
I'd pay good money to see Grace Jones beat Lady Caca to death with a stick. :agreed:
:agreed:

I got Norah Jones confused with Grace Jones for a minute...

mmm that Velvet voice :yum:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts