Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 252 Posts

·
Premium Member
32,450 Posts
Man, do they have the Duke Nukem Forever development team working on it?

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
What, Forza 4 announced a couple more new features that they have to beat?

·
Premium Member
1,927 Posts
Do tell! A quick googling doesn't turn up anything about TG pulling out. :confused:
They didn't pull out. They've signed a long term deal with MS/Turn10. There's already a new version of FM3 coming out this month that's being cross-branded with Top Gear.

Forza boasts "long-term" Top Gear deal Xbox 360 News - Page 1 | Eurogamer.net

I was joking that Sony is going to axe whatever in the game was Top Gear related. The deal Top Gear signed with MS probably wont be exclusive until FM4 comes out.

·
Premium Member
32,450 Posts
Gee, I wonder why TG jumped ship. I guess it's because Sony never releases games. :lol:

·
I MG.org salute you.
2,501 Posts
Gee, I wonder why TG jumped ship. I guess it's because Sony never releases games. :lol:
At least not when it comes to GT. I have to wonder just how many sales of PS3's this team has now pissed away because impatient gamers jumped ship and decided Forza had everything to offer that GT5 ever could.

I don't see how there is any way in hell they will ever be able to redeem themselves now. I mean...it's a RACING game for crying out loud. In my opinion GT2 was still the pinnacle. :shrug:

·
I don't like it.
11,071 Posts
At least not when it comes to GT. I have to wonder just how many sales of PS3's this team has now pissed away because impatient gamers jumped ship and decided Forza had everything to offer that GT5 ever could.

I don't see how there is any way in hell they will ever be able to redeem themselves now. I mean...it's a RACING game for crying out loud. In my opinion GT2 was still the pinnacle. :shrug:
It kept me away from the PS3, that's for sure. I only just NOW bought a PS3 because A) it was cheap and B) GT5 was supposed to be out next month... Bah.

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
I wonder if the Top Gear track will be available as a download for FM3 users...

·
Premium Member
1,927 Posts
That's because GT2 only did a few things, but it did them very well. Unlike what GT5 has been evolving into. Which is now a mishmash of racing and driving disciplines, that tries to be everything to everyone. It's just too ambitious of a project now.

As an example. They announced these additions to the car lineup a few weeks ago. Besides it being a good laugh for a little while. Why would anyone want to even bother with something like this?

or this?

or this?

It just seems to me that with adding cars like the above, adding NASCAR cars and a couple of ovals, and all these social online features (which I personally will never use). Have done nothing but cause this game to be delayed even more.

I wonder if the Top Gear track will be available as a download for FM3 users...
I wouldnt think so. But it's not really going to matter seeing that FM4 is already going to be unveiled @ E3 2011.

·
I MG.org salute you.
2,501 Posts
^ :nuts: Yeah, the addition of those cars brings absolutely nothing to the game....well, maybe a couple of late night drunken snorts but not a great deal of value.

I liked the early GT series but I've pretty much completely given up on playing it on my PS3. I get that they wanted to turn it into an all encompassing "driving simulator" but they seem to be forgetting why people play games. The achievement seekers and die hard auto racing fans may still be all in but that's one hell of a niche market. For the more casual gamer like myself they've pushed it to the point that I could really give a crap anymore. The only reason I keep an eye out at all is because I have a friend into racing that has had this on pre-order for about 2 years.

1 - 20 of 252 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.