Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
who here has one on one of their guitars, and what do you think of them?

i have an RGA121 and a Les Paul that both need new nuts and these look pretty good.

·
Nerdington Willoughby
1,537 Posts
I installed one on my Strat. It's fine nut material. The most important thing is cutting the nut properly, though.

·
I don't like it.
11,071 Posts
I just did my first Tusq nut on the superstrat in my other thread, it's a great material, real slippery. Highly recommend it.

·
Nerdington Willoughby
1,537 Posts
I just did my first Tusq nut on the superstrat in my other thread, it's a great material, real slippery. Highly recommend it.
@Elysian: How much wider than the strings do you usually cut the nut slots? I used my 0.010" saw for my 0.009" high E and it bound in the slot. Had to go with my smallest nut file instead.

·
I don't like it.
11,071 Posts
@Elysian: How much wider than the strings do you usually cut the nut slots? I used my 0.010" saw for my 0.009" high E and it bound in the slot. Had to go with my smallest nut file instead.
It probably bound because the saw is going to cut a square trough, while the file is going to shape it properly. That being said though, I go the next size up on the slot from the files I have on hand. If the string is a 56, I go 60, if the string is a 9, I go 12, a 26, I go 32, etc. I never cut exact size personally.

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
^ It's always good to have a slippery nut with wide grooves :agreed:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts