Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Tr00 Kvlt
5,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, i'm just trying to get my shit together before I buy stuff I don't need. With the Graphtech Piezos, do I have to have the acoustiphonic preamp for it to work or not? I don't need MIDI, just acoustic tones out of a V. I was looking at the stuff on their site but I swear I seen a video that stated you don't Need the preamp, but with it you can have 2 output jacks and stuff.

·
I don't like it.
11,071 Posts
You'll want to get the Acoustiphonic preamp to use the piezo saddles. I'd assume you can technically run the piezo saddles straight into an external preamp, but you'd have to crank it to hell since they wouldn't be amplified. I can order any Graphtech stuff at a better price than their site, plus help you get everything figured if you're interested. Just shoot me a pm.

·
Mr. Negative Pants, ,
14,796 Posts
You need some sort of preamp, whether it's internal or external. I'd go with the Acoustiphonic, because it works as an integrated system. I didn't bother with the piezo volume control or the mid/dark control in my installation... just the magnetic/blend/piezo QuickSwitch.

·
Tr00 Kvlt
5,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, I figured it out.... completely useless thread here. :lol: You pretty much have to have the acousti-phonic or hexpander module, it was a video for the Schecter hollowbody that comes with them, and it just meant they could have used another company's modules but chose to use graphtech I guess? Graphtech doesn't have much competition in the piezo market to begin with though haha.

You need some sort of preamp, whether it's internal or external. I'd go with the Acoustiphonic, because it works as an integrated system. I didn't bother with the piezo volume control or the mid/dark control in my installation... just the magnetic/blend/piezo QuickSwitch.
Gotcha. Yeah I don't really need the volume control or anything, just the quickswitch. :yesway:

·
It's not lupus.
1,689 Posts
This thread is very relevant to my interests. I've been researching this for the past week or so. My original plan was to build a partscaster and put a GHOST system in it. I've been trying to figure out the logistics of equipping my Lone Star strat with a GHOST system instead.

would they fit a std 7321 bridge?
I seem to recall someone (I think it was Dendroaspis) back on SS.org putting graphtech piezos in a 7321... IIRC, he was able to get all the components to fit within the control cavity without routing as well.

·
AVH Guitar Repair
327 Posts
This thread is very relevant to my interests. I've been researching this for the past week or so. My original plan was to build a partscaster and put a GHOST system in it. I've been trying to figure out the logistics of equipping my Lone Star strat with a GHOST system instead.

I seem to recall someone (I think it was Dendroaspis) back on SS.org putting graphtech piezos in a 7321... IIRC, he was able to get all the components to fit within the control cavity without routing as well.
Yes, they'll fit into an RG control cavity, but it's very tight.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.