Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Señor Member
12,297 Posts
I'm too lazy to Google but isn't that the guy that had the sob story about being the third vocalist for Van Halen but got bumped when their agent conned them into doing them MTV music awards with DLR and they ended up reuniting because of the hype that came out of it?

Either way, Chris is right. No Jack Russell, no care. Last cool guy that was in that band was the guy that died in the fire. This is a shitty cover band.

EDIT: :ninja:

·
Premium Member
13,448 Posts
Eh, not sure a lol smiley is really appropriate here dude.
Also, as horrible as COVID-19 is, I don't think Great White has enough of a fanbase that a 1% to 5% fatality rate (I think it's under 1% considering that recent studies estimate that 35% of cases are asymptomatic) is going to surpass the 100 deaths in that 2003 nightclub fire. But even so, the point of the OP is true. Doing this is likely to keep racking up a body count as a result of their live shows. They may have a different manager now, but it seems that the bad decisions just keep on coming.

·
Premium Member
7,708 Posts
And I had to google what all of this Killing Great White thing... had no idea about it.
I remember when that awful fire happened, and I remember discussing with my bandmates at the time certain venues we would no longer play in town because they were similar death traps.

At the same time, it's a great argument against having that Auralex stuff up on your walls in your studio room. Massive fire hazard, and foam like that is why the venue GW played at went up in flames so quickly.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.