Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
NSLALP
13,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just saw a preview, and this looks pretty cool. :yesway:

Seth Rogan is the ultimate comic nerdboy in Hollywood, methinks.

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Seth Rogan :noway:
Once again, Seth Rogan :noway:
Christoph Waltz as Chudnofsky :yesway:

I'll go see it just for Waltz. His performance in Inglourious Basterds was far beyond amazing, and well into the realm of classic. I don't think I've seen a better supporting actor performance in decades.

·
MG.ORG Irregular
9,747 Posts
Saw that guy on the Mythbusters special for the show and he seemed like a douchebag. By the end of the show the hosts were like "I wonder what bs he will come up with to cover his ass now" lol

·
ENGLErnieBallGraphTechBKP
306 Posts
Hmmmmmmmmmmm really mixed feelings on this one! Looks damned entertaining, but come on, can anyone REALLY stand in for Bruce!?!

For once, I'm finding myself disappointed that they DID respect the original costume lol

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Looks damned entertaining, but come on, can anyone REALLY stand in for Bruce!?!
No, which i why you need an equally unique martial artist for his time. To me, Jet Li seemed like the completely obvious choice, but I guess they wanted someone young. As long as he has a confident and unique style of his own, it will work. If he's just some random dude who knows some Hollywood martial arts, it will blow.

·
ENGLErnieBallGraphTechBKP
306 Posts
No, which i why you need an equally unique martial artist for his time. To me, Jet Li seemed like the completely obvious choice, but I guess they wanted someone young. As long as he has a confident and unique style of his own, it will work. If he's just some random dude who knows some Hollywood martial arts, it will blow.
That's what I'm thinking ... and these days, it's all about what they do in post, rather than in front of the camera. I mean, Keanu Reeves and Laurence Fishbourne pulled off that Kung Fu for the Matrix in under 3 months of training. OK it's not anywhere near as impressive as a true martial artist like Li/Lee/Biao/Hung etc., but they can get away with using someone more sellable than talented.

Slightly off topic, I came to a revelation today that all modern remakes seem to follow the same formulaic approach; Take the original concept, dash it, replace it with whiney teenaged characters, bias the story to relationships and trust issues heavily, then throw in some CGi and explosions to give you a film that appeals to both sexes.

I call it the fail formula. Whilst it sells, it also sucks. Geared primarily towards income rather than art.

·
I don't like it.
11,071 Posts
Saw that guy on the Mythbusters special for the show and he seemed like a douchebag. By the end of the show the hosts were like "I wonder what bs he will come up with to cover his ass now" lol
That episode was weak as shit anyways... They're really getting pretty boring...

·
NSLALP
13,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Seth Rogan :noway:
Once again, Seth Rogan :noway:
Christoph Waltz as Chudnofsky :yesway:

I'll go see it just for Waltz. His performance in Inglourious Basterds was far beyond amazing, and well into the realm of classic. I don't think I've seen a better supporting actor performance in decades.
Agreed on Waltz, but why the h8 for Rogan? He's not my favorite, but he's been a good comic relief/support actor kinda guy to date. I can't tell if his performance is going to blow from the preview. :-/ But the style of the movie looks solid.

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
I fucking hate Seth Rogan. He's a shitty actor, with one expression and a flat delivery, and he's not funny. At all.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts