·
Premium Member
32,765 Posts
Welcome! :D

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guise. :) ATM getting used to the subforums and such. You have a really nice community here and Seanbabs I'm looking forward to it too! Just need to learn few things and then I can start to improvise haha.

·
Premium Member
9,388 Posts
:welcome:

·
Registered
641 Posts
Hi !

Whereabout in Espoo do you live?

I used to live in Haukilahti a loooong time ago ('79-'85). Funny tihng is, just 2 weeks ago I went to Helsinki for a vacation, and I also went back to Espoo after not having been there in 25 (!!!) years.
I totally love Finland!!!!

Lars

·
Registered
641 Posts
I live in Matinkylä (you really should know where that is), though my mom lives in Haukilahti!
No way!!!! I used to live in Mellstenintie!
Yes, I know Matinkylä!
Just seeing Haukilahti 2 weeks ago made me think how fortunate I was being there as a child. We had so much fun there with the beach right there. Good memories!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Oh yea, love the beach and the sea. ;) And my mom is living just a couple hundred feets away from Mellstenintie. :) What a coincidence.

I also study in Haukilahti high.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Oh yea, love the beach and the sea. ;) And my mom is living just a couple hundred feets away from Mellstenintie. :) What a coincidence.

I also study in Haukilahti high.
Haukilahti koulu?

Man, about 27 or 28 years ago I was at the Haukilathi beach with my friedns and I saw Riki Sorsa surfing there. Do you know this guy?
I talked to him thne, I guess I was like 7 or 8 years old, and he was real nice and very funny guy!

·
Registered
641 Posts
I ate at this place in Espoo a few years ago...

No way!!!! Is that this little sailing-club restaurant?
I ate there 2 weeks ago. They had a lunch buffet kind of thing.
I think this is even on Mellstenintie, a bit further up the road is where I used to live as a child loooong time ago.

·
Bro of Bros, Bro.
15,373 Posts
No way!!!! Is that this little sailing-club restaurant?
Yup, it sure is. ;)

They had a lunch buffet kind of thing.
That's right. It actually wasn't too bad, either. Something I had off of the buffet was kinda so-so (sort-of like dried out chicken) but other than that, it was pretty good from what I remember. I had one hell of a hangover drinking too much Salmiakki Koskenkorva along with Lapin Kulta and a lot of cider and some other shit the night before.

·
Bro of Bros, Bro.
15,373 Posts
Holy!! This is awesome! Wow. What brought you to Haukilahti if I may ask?
Did you just go to Finland on vacation?
I was over there working with a software development company that caters to a specialized niche that I'm in. I had a great time. I also went to a summer cottage on one of the archipegalos.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts