Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well for metal there's a lottttt.

but lately I've been listening to a lot of classical/soundtrack music, and when I tune in metal I've mostly been listneing to the tunes of Opeth, Devin Townsend, the Agonist, and Scar Symmetry, with a small hint of Tosin Abasi. what about yourself ?

·
Reverend Secret Flower
11,836 Posts
well for metal there's a lottttt.

but lately I've been listening to a lot of classical/soundtrack music, and when I tune in metal I've mostly been listneing to the tunes of Opeth, Devin Townsend, the Agonist, and Scar Symmetry, with a small hint of Tosin Abasi. what about yourself ?
sounds like me. i'm either into complete insanity, or nice mellow beauty. ambient or heavy heavy metal. i'v been obssessed with ion dissonance and danza lately. got a band or anything?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
sounds like me. i'm either into complete insanity, or nice mellow beauty.
Sounds like you're in the opposite mode as I am, right now I've been leaning towards more chilled ambient, less heavy stuff :)

yeah I play in a prog/shred/death-ish styled band myspace.com/sinith_hall, what about you?

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
Half of my family is from the Ozarks. Do you call it Missourah in StL, or is that just an Ozarks thing?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I dig your stuff as well and your tone sounds phenomenal.

I doubt we will be hitting up pops for a while, we plan on recording for the next cd coming up soon (hopefully). Nick (the other guitarist) and I are saving up for an ax fx so that we can get a beautiful tone this time around. yay

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Half of my family is from the Ozarks. Do you call it Missourah in StL, or is that just an Ozarks thing?
Might just be an Ozarks thing, though you might wanna ask Chris ?

I cannot think of one person who I've talked to/known around the STL that pronounces it as Missourah...but my memory isn't always the greatest...

·
Reverend Secret Flower
11,836 Posts
SHUT THE FUCK UP JASON!
:lol: i'm actually pretty nice in person BECAUSE i'm high. and pretty much everyone that lives around here has a nice non-regional dialect. i know you guys are always envisioning us as a bunch of hillbillys chewing straw but its not quite like that. well, there are a few.

good call on the axe eric. i'm itching to try one of those out. they are just so damn expensive. then after you drop about 2k on it, you have to turn around and shell out for a damn power amp and by the time your done you've dropped about 3 k on the damn set up. but the versatility seems to be unmatched.
thanks for the compliments. its a recto & nuendo4/superior2/absynth4/izotope ozone/sm57

oh, and bob :lol: alota fagina!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
haha well, stoners are always a million times nicer than a drunk person. I'm not angry, I'm more apathetic :shrug:

Yaa I figure axe fx would be a good investment.

My DAW is cubase...I also use ozone izotope. All my synths are now being replaced by East West symphonic orchestra, choirs, and stormdrum. Other than the fact that they eat up all your CPU power, they are quite wondrous. And I've always wanted full symphonies at my fingertips.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts