Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
I dig the dude's chops, but he needs a compressor on the clean parts something fierce. That is what allows the country guys to get every note heard cleanly. Right now, I barely hear the bass notes, and the treble strings are ripping my face off.

Anyone catch the Heartbreaker riff at 2:17? That is the one famous lick he seemed to slide in that fit perfectly in passing.

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
OMG 3:43, best Tele neck pickup tone ever.

·
Lord Super Awesome
5,701 Posts
Necro-fucking-bump because he deserves it. I've been watching him on the wildwood guitars YouTube channel for a while now & I have been floored by his disgustingly awesome chops. Until today, I thought he was just an employee at that store. :lol:
Well, better to discover him later than never.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Yup, I've been watching him on those Wildwood videos for a while now too. I like the way he just casually says 'let's show what this thing can do' and then procedes to tear your face off with pretty flawless playing and chops. I checked out a lot of his videos actually before I bought my Eric Johnson Strat and it helped me make my decision. Great sense of humour in his Wildwood videos too.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts