Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Grumpy git: "get rid of your computer and we can save the underground"!!!!!!

Another grumpy git video :agreed:

While I'm definitely guilty of what he says (Blazon Stone is a SHAMELESS copy of Running Wild) I do agree to SOME EXTENT...

But in the end, I don't care about if a band is original or not.
And how they record their albums doesn't change anything.
And expecting bands to really get out and play live every day? Is that a realistic suggestion in this time and age?

Just look at this:
Blazon Stone will play a festival in Germany in july.
On the way home we wanna get a couple of gigs because the trip is quite long.
We asked a mini-festival in south of Sweden to play there because it's the day after Germany...
They responded "sure, what do you need?"
I said "we just need a place to sleep"
And we got "sorry, then you cant play here"

Apparently asking to play for free and just have somewhere to sleep is too much to ask.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Another grumpy git video :agreed:

While I'm definitely guilty of what he says (Blazon Stone is a SHAMELESS copy of Running Wild) I do agree to SOME EXTENT...

But in the end, I don't care about if a band is original or not.
And how they record their albums doesn't change anything.
And expecting bands to really get out and play live every day? Is that a realistic suggestion in this time and age?

Just look at this:
Blazon Stone will play a festival in Germany in july.
On the way home we wanna get a couple of gigs because the trip is quite long.
We asked a mini-festival in south of Sweden to play there because it's the day after Germany...
They responded "sure, what do you need?"
I said "we just need a place to sleep"
And we got "sorry, then you cant play here"

Apparently asking to play for free and just have somewhere to sleep is too much to ask.
I watched this video the other day and I feel the same way.

Being in a band is no longer a pathway for financial gain at all, so if you are not having a good time what is the point? If you sound like a rip-off of another band WHO GIVES A RATS ASS. As long as it's a good time then you are doing it right.

·
Premium Member
7,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I find it absolutely hilarious that he's telling people not to copy when 80% of his content is him trying to copy album guitar tones.
:lol:

For reference, this is the band he says is doing things right:

Thanks, I remember him saying they were great but forgot to check out.

Well, great video, and sort of fun music but... they are not the next Beatles :lol:

·
Banned
1,582 Posts
Well I 101% agreed with his other video where he said modern metal sucks ass. I've been saying the same for years :lol:

But I can't say I see eye to eye with him bashing the underground, which these days is pretty much the NWoTM & NWoTHM scenes. Now I'm not really into either of those, mainly because I've heard it all before & often there's just too much "deju-vu" involved, but frankly I think it's cool they copy the bands that they do & by doing so expose their own generation to what was some really excellent/real metal music, unlike the crap of today.

Most of these kids were'nt born when either of those scenes were in their heyday (NWoBHM & Thrash) so it's hardly like they're ripping off their contemporaries & they don't all sound the same either (Yeah, it's cause they're "inspired" by differnt bands from the past..but they're not ripping each other off or all ripping off the same band, unlike most "modern metal" bands). Hell it's way better than if these kids were churning out even more shitty generic djent & metalcore...which is what they'd probably have been doing instead if it was'nt for the underground.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts