Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Sir Groove-A-Lot
Charvel So Cal & San Dimas
6,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So $57,000,000 just landed in my account for no reason :lol:
I asked my nephew who was online at the time, and he said it happened to him too, and it happens quite frequently. Bunch of hackers just go around dishing out millions :shrug:

GET ON IT! GO PLAY!

·
Banned
3,697 Posts
Damn, I need to renew my gold subscription! Looks like they may have fixed the same car spawning bug, as mines stopped doing it since the latest patch.

·
Could be Hitler
7,666 Posts
Yeah I got 500 Million from a guy the other day. :lol: It was funny as hell cause the guy put a 1 billion dollar bounty out on my buddy :lol:

·
Sir Groove-A-Lot
6,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Man, i quit the online a while ago. There isnt anything to do on it besides race or deathmatchs.
Oh man didn't you give the 'Top Fun' missions a bash!? They're insane! One team of 'runners' in sports cars have to get from point in the city to another, while a team of 'hunters' in fighter jets have to hunt them down before they get there, it's nuts! :lol:

·
Premium Member
5,213 Posts
although that does sound like fun i thought the online mode was a big dissapointment.

Granted my expectations were probably too high but the way that every time you finish a game it punts you and your friends in to random open world sessions really pissed me off. The whole idea of online play is to play with friends - this seemed to neuter that entirley.

completed the story mode on sat night and immediatley traded it in for borderlands 2 goty on ps3 which i had on xbox until i sold the xbox. Borderlands just doesnt get old to me like GTA does.

·
Sir Groove-A-Lot
6,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah I'll admit it's hardly what it's hyped up to be, but it is still fun, you just have to find the parts of it you enjoy and stick with it.

I think this whole money hacking thing is a real game-changer though, it happened to me again today, and it happens a lot now. It's kinda ruined the game. I was saving up for one of the stupidly high-priced super cars, and now I can buy as many as I like.

I saved and saved and saved and got one of the highest priced apartments you can get, and I didn't purchase a penny with real money. I played every evening for like 2 weeks solid to get enough money to buy it just from money earned from missions.

But now... why do a mission? They're really repetitive anyway, they might have slightly different objectives but the format is always the same. I'll never play another mission again as I simply won't need to.

So besides running around like a nutcase with every weapon maxed out with ammo, in a car that's tricked out as much as possible, with enough money to last me a lifetime of gameplay... eh I forgot my point....

It'll still be fun, but the sense of achievement has certainly disappeared.

Also, the whole 'Bad Sport' aspect of it is utterly fucking ridiculous. For those who don't know; essentially if you quit missions without completing them, or blow up people's cars for no reason (you can kill people, but can't ruin their vehicles?) you become labelled a 'bad sport', and can only play in servers with other 'bad sports' where you have to wear a dunce hat and play out your 'sentence' until it's up.

My buddy got a two day sentence. That's two days of continuous GTA online-time, btw, not two days of real-time calender days. 48 hours of GTA online before he could return to proper lobbies. Just because him and his friend were dicking around and he blew up his buddies car.

He can't invite non-bad sport friends to play with him, so it just ruined the game.

He was coming to the end of his two-day sentence and has now, inexplicably, got a 12 day sentence. Needless to say he no longer plays the game.

It was indeed massively hyped, and I don't blame people for giving up on it. I still find it fun but I'm not sure for how much longer....

·
Not baked anymore.
3,555 Posts
I'm still loving the game. I was gifted $140 million in total. Rockstar is working on a patch to have all the money that was hacked/gifted taken away.

Playing in a crew makes thing a lot more fun. I joined one called Got Your Back Bro and it's been a blast. They've got some general ethics that make playing in the crew more fun for the online stuff, they'll bail ya out if some kid is tanking your ass over and over, help ya finish missions, etc.

It's still fun working up my RP, even with all the money. Some of the capture missions are cool, especially in big groups.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts