Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Serious Bedroom Guitarist
982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to blog a little about stuff in my guitar life. A little bit is personal stuff on my own progress, but most of it is what I would consider at least potentially interesting stuff for aspiring guitarists. A few of Chris's Reaper and VST posts from here have made it into the blog, Narens power chord video etc. along with other stuff found on other forums and sites.

I started blogging mainly for my self to keep an archive of interesting stuff. Thing is though, traffic is almost zero... I blog in Swedish, which might be one of the reasons, but my other blogs on other topics (such as IT) in Swedish have good visitor numbers. I tried finding successful Swedish guitar blogs - found none. I'm considering switching to English - tried finding successful (and interesting) guitar blogs in English - found almost none. I like Ola's blog (Ola Englund | Guitar nooooobing Blog) but his traffic comes from his principal channels like Facebook and Youtube. A lot of other blogs are related to a band and not really about instruments, composing and recording...

Is a blog the wrong channel. Are we as guitarists uninterested in reading about stuff in this format? I know I would subscribe to a bunch of guitar blogs if I could only find good ones...

·
Nerdington Willoughby
1,537 Posts

·
Serious Bedroom Guitarist
982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's simple numbers. Blogging in English gives you potentially many more readers. And you wouldn't lose most Swedes, because they nearly all speak English.

As for existing blogs, I'd be surprised if you didn't find this one:

I Heart Guitar Blog - Guitar news, reviews, interviews, videos and lessons

It seems to be pretty popular.
I've chosen Swedish for my other blogs to get through an overwhelming flow of information, to stand out. In this area there seems not to be the case, so choosing English to increase the base of potential readers seems like to obvious way to go.

I heart guitar seems promising, at least it's being updated which is not the case for some other interesting ones I've found (such as The Daily Guitar - Guitar News, Reviews, Inspiration & Tutorials)

·
Where?!
2,632 Posts
Far-side Guitars

I've got a guitar-themed blog at this address with a bunch of different interviews.

I'd go for it, just make sure you tag all your posts properly so they show up nice and high in the search-engine rankings.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts