Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
I love the cock. And spam!
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
lol well i just read the rules of metal and there doesnt seem to be anything in there about not shamelessly plugging your own website. seriously though youll have to excuse me for just creating an account and posting a link on here, ultimate guitar forums really didnt like it much :rolleyes:

basically me and a friend have made a guitar duel website (if you like, it could be any instrument and any number of people) where you can create a game using a backing track, and your other people can join your game and record takes in over preset sections of the song. once everyone has recorded the server mixes it all down and the result is put up on the front page for the world to see.

the reason im posting is that were after people to play more takes in. the framework of the site is up we literally just need a few dozen people to start contributing and using it day to day to see how it reacts to the load. that and we'd like to start getting people on there to have fun :)

you can see me and a friend having a shred out here:
Best Website Ever

feel free to create an account and post comments, if you want the recording software please speak to me for the url. oh and one other thing guys, please keep this url to yourself. we have absolutely no legal protection at the moment so if someone comes on and uploads a metallica backing track we could get fcked :p

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Sounds kind of interesting. It might work best if you guys limited your backing tracks to a few you provide right now though, if you're worried about legal action.

·
Premium Member
32,765 Posts
lol well i just read the rules of metal and there doesnt seem to be anything in there about not shamelessly plugging your own website. seriously though youll have to excuse me for just creating an account and posting a link on here, ultimate guitar forums really didnt like it much :rolleyes:
1.) The Rules of Metal aren't actually the site rules.
2.) Really? They didn't appreciate you spamming their boards? Can't imagine why not... :confused:

·
Premium Member
32,765 Posts
It really is pretty sweet, come to think of it. :D

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
:rofl:

·
Premium Member
9,388 Posts
His website intrigues me and I'd like to subscribe to his newsletter. :agreed:

·
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thanks for the awesome avatar and the robocop quotes, yes i thought id come and spam your forum rather than being the only person on youtunes. is anyone interested?

·
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
1.) The Rules of Metal aren't actually the site rules.
2.) Really? They didn't appreciate you spamming their boards? Can't imagine why not... :confused:
well sorry to do it on my first post dude, but some people actually dont mind being told about it. ug was really upset but ive been spamming on the jackson forums about our site for ages and they love it.
i guess i just thought as a metal guitarist, that id be able to come on to a metal guitarists forum, and find metal guitarists to play metal guitar on my metal website. metal metal metal

·
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
hmm since putting a url up is likely to land me in the gas chamber better pm me if you want the url

·
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
well fuck me sorry guys i thought this was a metal forum and i came looking for metal guitarists to play fckin metal, but i guess this must be the stryper fan club or something

·
NICE BLACKMACHINE YO
7,276 Posts
Oh fuck off man. If you'd read the site rules you'd see we didn't like this shit.
If you used you head you'd know we didn't. You even refer to it yourself as spam. How would you feel if we descended on your website posting links to here? You'd probably be a little irked.

Grow up.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.